Helpfull hints with glass bedding

James Jones

Aside from the basic advise that can be found here about glass bedding your rifle I thought I add a few things I've found to make things a little bit easier.
instead of using modeling clay to fill the voids in your stock and action use regular Play-Doh like the kids play with , its alot easier to remove from your stock and action when you done and it works just as good.
Tape off your stock with ALOT of blue painters masking tape , this will help prevent the cussing that follows the cleanup after the bedding its much easier to pull of the tape than to try to remove bedding compound.
I have found that the T.F.E. dry lube & Mold release spray from Brownells works great as a release agent , its easy to spray on and it alows the actions and barrel to break loose from the stock fairly easy.
extra long action screws , when the bedding compound has dried and the barrel action is being kinda tough to get out you can run one of these extra long action screws up in the action and give it a few swift taps with a small hammer to help break it loose.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.