Help with fire forming 25-06 to 6.5-06AI

MTsmith

I was hoping that I could have some pointers in the "easiest" manner to fire form Winchester stamped 25-06 to 6.506AI? Any manner using minimal powder and minimal impact on my barrel life are appreciated.
Also, what should be my trim length after fire forming?
Thanks for your help in advance.
MTSmith

When you form brass to an AI chamber, the case shrinks about 0.020" in overall length... And .25-06 brass is already shorter than most other cases based on the .30-06. It might be best for you to start with inexpensive .270 Win cases.

I use .270 Win brass to form .25-06 AI cases, because after necking them down to .257 (before loading them), I can trim the cases .020" longer than desired, that way when I fire-form the cases, they come out to a perfect 2.494" length.

I load for 2 6.5-06 ai and I use 25-06 brass in a old thread Kirby Allen said that is how he made his brass so l tried it he said to stick a 100 gr. Boat tail bullet in case don't even resize they form perfect and they are barley shorter makes no difference in my rifles shoot very accurate.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.