Help w/ scope mount

G

I have a Tikka Whitetail hunter, need to mount a scope on the beauty, however, the shop only had Weaver bases, and Millet rings. I'm not too excited about this combo, what are some good rings/bases to put on this rifle? OR would this combo work ok, it's going on a 243 cal, so recoil isn't gonna be a problem, or will it?

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
weaver #61 bases front and back and burris zee rings is my mout of choice for my tikka 243.

JB

Mysticplayer

The factory Tikka/Sako rings are very good but pricey. I too use the Burris rings and consider them the best. I really like the Sig rings w/ inserts for LR setups. I prefer the cross bolt style of mounting (Weaver).

Jerry

Ian M

Check out the one-piece Warne Premiere sold by Brownells or direct from Warne. Rings clamp directly to the dovetail on the receiver, very nice looking ring, good and strong. Much nicer than the factory product and very reasonably priced. I put them on my magnum Sakos and they have held perfectly.

I believe if you search the archives you will find this covered in detail.

Ian M

Maximus,
Hope I did not blow that suggestion, not sure if Tikkas still have the dovetail on the top of the receiver. Anyhow, if they do the Warne suggestion is worth looking at.
ian

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
Ian--the dovetail is there, but it is not tapered like the sako. It is straight 3/8" i believe.

JB

G

jb1000br,
Where can you get a pic of the Burris rings, and where can you get a good buy on them? Thanks!

SDS

The Burris Signature Zee rings can be found on sale at Midway for $24.95, according to the December catalog, #198. www.midwayusa.com. I like them a lot. Take a look at the insert kit that lets you put MOA corrections into the rings.

LDO

lots of companies carry the burris rings[midway],as far as a picture goes the burris website shows them[burrisoptics.com]-good luck-dave

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce