Help w/ scope mount

G

I have a Tikka Whitetail hunter, need to mount a scope on the beauty, however, the shop only had Weaver bases, and Millet rings. I'm not too excited about this combo, what are some good rings/bases to put on this rifle? OR would this combo work ok, it's going on a 243 cal, so recoil isn't gonna be a problem, or will it?

The factory Tikka/Sako rings are very good but pricey. I too use the Burris rings and consider them the best. I really like the Sig rings w/ inserts for LR setups. I prefer the cross bolt style of mounting (Weaver).

Jerry

Check out the one-piece Warne Premiere sold by Brownells or direct from Warne. Rings clamp directly to the dovetail on the receiver, very nice looking ring, good and strong. Much nicer than the factory product and very reasonably priced. I put them on my magnum Sakos and they have held perfectly.

I believe if you search the archives you will find this covered in detail.

Maximus,
Hope I did not blow that suggestion, not sure if Tikkas still have the dovetail on the top of the receiver. Anyhow, if they do the Warne suggestion is worth looking at.
ian

jb1000br,
Where can you get a pic of the Burris rings, and where can you get a good buy on them? Thanks!

The Burris Signature Zee rings can be found on sale at Midway for $24.95, according to the December catalog, #198. www.midwayusa.com. I like them a lot. Take a look at the insert kit that lets you put MOA corrections into the rings.

lots of companies carry the burris rings[midway],as far as a picture goes the burris website shows them[burrisoptics.com]-good luck-dave

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.