Help SHV won't Zero stop...

dxlbaile

So, I bought a Nightforce SHV 5x25x56 and shot to my zero at the range.. Wanted to set the Zero stop so I loosened the two screws on the cap as the manual says and pushed down on the Turret to bottom it out. I aligned to the zero mark and re tightened the screws .... Not to tough it seemed..

Upon shooting again to verify zero it is 4 feet low.. I checked scope, rings, all the usual stuff but, It everything checked out fine... It was all good until I tried to set the zero stop..

Any ideas?

After you pulled the turret cap off (2 screws) did you loosen the 4 screws on the top of the dial before turning it all the way in? When those 4 are loosened it turns in and you won't feel any clicking at all. Once it's turned all the way down (with the screws loose) you tighten those 4 screws and then if you go to turn it you will feel clicks again. If those weren't loose you were essentially dialing down your scope well below the zero. I hope that makes sense. There are some videos on YouTube that explain the NightForce Zero Stop very well. Good Luck

After you pulled the turret cap off (2 screws) did you loosen the 4 screws on the top of the dial before turning it all the way in? When those 4 are loosened it turns in and you won't feel any clicking at all. Once it's turned all the way down (with the screws loose) you tighten those 4 screws and then if you go to turn it you will feel clicks again. If those weren't loose you were essentially dialing down your scope well below the zero. I hope that makes sense. There are some videos on YouTube that explain the NightForce Zero Stop very well. Good Luck

That process works for the NXS models but, not for the SHV it has a different system.. Thanks though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.