Help...Pronghorn muley combo in Wy

tkd1416

Trying to put together 2012 hunt in wyoming, Need help with selecting units to apply for with 0 points. First time hunting out west. Doesn't have to be trophy area, But would be nice if there were good numbers of animals. Would really appreciate any info!!

Region D for deer, Unit 26 or 31 for pronghorn. I've tagged out on every DIY hunt I've done out there.

Thanks for the info Derek, Were you hunting on BLM land or private? What kind of terrain were you hunting? I can see it is near Casper.

Yep. Stayed in Casper. Hunted both private and BLM. Ultimately shot my prongs and mulie on private land.

Terrain very manageable. I'll try to find a pic of me with one of them and post it.

330 yards, 7 Rem Mag, 150 Btips, Win brass, Fed 215M primers, 63.0 grains IMR4831.

2006WYantelopeDerek1.jpg

Nice goat!! I would be more than happy with that. Did you see many good mule deer in that area? I see that you were hunting with a 7mm, I'm currently building a 6.5x47 lupua with pierce action mcmillian a-5 and bartlein barrel hoping to have done before I get to Wyoming. If not I'll have to break out the 7wsm model 70. Thanks for the pics

I've combo's in the suggested area also. Call the game Commision in WY they are byu far the most helpful I have dealt with as a out of state hunter. They go above exceptions for helping u find a place to harvest game on private And public places that have access. Also use the application page to find harvest numbers and % of draw with 0 points.

Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.