Help me find a short LOP stock (or chassis) for my wife

Arcola

My wife has been a trooper, shooting my guns over the past three seasons. Filling tags along the way, she finds a way to make it work from my 7mm-08 up to 28 Nosler. We've been trying to find something to fit her, and we keep falling short.

Really thought we had it nailed last year and picked up an x-bolt micro composite in 7mm-08. Round is great. Stock, not so much. Threw that in the safe for the kids someday.

Recently purchased a Tikka T3X Lite in 7mm-08. Really leaning towards a chassis system for her. Needs to be lightweight with adjustable LOP. Probably sub 12". She's 5'8", slender, and pretty narrow shouldered. Also has difficulty with a good cheek weld on typical stocks, so looking for a raised comb.

Sorry for the long winded post, but keeping my #1 hunting partner happy, keeps me in the field. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

First, good on you!

An adjustable seems like the answer you are leaning towards. Maybe someone here with one will chime in near you and you can check it out.

The other option is to do it your self and cut down a stock or two. There isn't any real magic in it. Chop saw or hack saw, belt grinder, a new pad if you want and some epoxy...I've done quite a few and it is fun. Certainly no worse than a bedding job!

I also had Allterra arms make me a stock with a little shorter length of pull and it by far my favorite. Not sure they are doing just the stocks anymore. Getting her measured by a gunsmith might surprise you too. 12'' seems really too short if she is 5'8''

Savage would get you the kit and let you play with the LOP and comb height! Another good option for sure.

My wife has been a trooper, shooting my guns over the past three seasons. Filling tags along the way, she finds a way to make it work from my 7mm-08 up to 28 Nosler. We've been trying to find something to fit her, and we keep falling short.

Really thought we had it nailed last year and picked up an x-bolt micro composite in 7mm-08. Round is great. Stock, not so much. Threw that in the safe for the kids someday.

Recently purchased a Tikka T3X Lite in 7mm-08. Really leaning towards a chassis system for her. Needs to be lightweight with adjustable LOP. Probably sub 12". She's 5'8", slender, and pretty narrow shouldered. Also has difficulty with a good cheek weld on typical stocks, so looking for a raised comb.

Sorry for the long winded post, but keeping my #1 hunting partner happy, keeps me in the field. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I agree with @adk hunter; a 12" LOP seems short for her height. I like how Boyds presentation of how LOP is measured. There might be a slight difference in position, i.e., prone vs. sitting on a bench or standing (like the video).

Weight and budget? A lightweight chassis can be the price of a new rifle. For an alternative to chassis, check out Boyds' Agility for Tikka T3 Lite DBM (https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator) starting at $237 depending on options. Good luck!

My daughter has been hunting with my rifles for the past 12 years. I just got her a Weatherby Mark V Camilla. We saw one at a Scheels a couple years ago and she picked it up and said it was amazing. She has run about 45 rounds through it so far and absolutely loves it. It has also produced some very small 100 yard groups.

Chassis and light weight don't seem to be in the same area, at least that I have found. Plus super cold in hunting season.

I am pretty short (5'6") and struggle with my eye relief. The M40 was real fun...Maybe that is more the issue? Can she work the bolt without breaking some of her position? Not talking catching the case or single feeding, just work the bolt and reload from the mag. For competition style bolt work, I would say yes, but for hunting, one, maybe two shots.

I have scopes that make me creep up on the stock to get it and others that are able to give me what I need with use of the picatinny rails.

My daughter has been hunting with my rifles for the past 12 years. I just got her a Weatherby Mark V Camilla. We saw one at a Scheels a couple years ago and she picked it up and said it was amazing. She has run about 45 rounds through it so far and absolutely loves it. It has also produced some very small 100 yard groups.
I was going to recommend Camila too. I ran into a husband and wife team hunting last fall. She was petite and probably 5" and a tad over 100 pounds hunting with a Camill in 7MM-08. It was nice; heck, I might get it for the wife. LOL!

have you thought about the add on cheek pieces , and cutting the stock ? they make different types of cheek pieces . I have a Kydex saddle cheek piece on one of my rifles . I cut the stock down on a rifle for my grandson . I made it so I can add the pieces back on as he grows . I did a write up here ;

Appreciate all of the quick responses. You've all provided a lot to think about. The Camilla has caught my eye, so it's nice to hear some positive responses on that. We'll have to track one down to put hands on.

I've cut down plenty of stocks over the years, so I'm not against doing that but I would like to keep things light weight and don't have any experience cutting down carbon stocks. I'll have to research that. I have a Mesa stock for the Tikka that I've been thinking about cutting for her, just haven't researched enough yet.

Weight and budget? A lightweight chassis can be the price of a new rifle. For an alternative to chassis, check out Boyds' Agility for Tikka T3 Lite DBM
Weight is the priority. Budget is whatever it takes to make her shoot comfortably. She's very understanding about my hunting obsession and picks up the slack with the kids when I'm gone.

buy a her a full custom...some wives likes diamonds, some ink, some cats...you got a good one.
That's certainly not out of the question. I like to tinker and "build" rifles, so this is more of a summer project for me. If we can get a good fit down, I'd gladly get her a full custom. Have a couple builders in mind already.