help me decide....

The axis will serve you just fine. It's cheap and pretty accurate for the price. Only needs to shoot moa for a 300 yard coyote shot, for deer it'll work just as well. Good luck.

Whoops, didn't finish. Most of the big manufactures that you can get a 243 for 500 bucks or a bit less, will likely shoot how you need it too. You may have to make an adjustment or two after you get one, but competition is pretty tough, thus most shoot at least moa. Not sure if the axis has the accutrigger, but if it does, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Whoops, didn't finish. Most of the big manufactures that you can get a 243 for 500 bucks or a bit less, will likely shoot how you need it too. You may have to make an adjustment or two after you get one, but competition is pretty tough, thus most shoot at least moa. Not sure if the axis has the accutrigger, but if it does, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

while discussing this with a friend the other day we came to the same conclusion, the market for reasonably priced, accurate rifles is very competitive, therefore good shooting rifles are a plenty.
I've decided to buy the Ruger predator, mainly because of the heavier barrel and the bedding block, and also it has a threaded barrel. the scope will be a vortex viper HS 2.5x10x44. thanks to all who gave positive comments and suggestions E

while discussing this with a friend the other day we came to the same conclusion, the market for reasonably priced, accurate rifles is very competitive, therefore good shooting rifles are a plenty.
I've decided to buy the Ruger predator, mainly because of the heavier barrel and the bedding block, and also it has a threaded barrel. the scope will be a vortex viper HS 2.5x10x44. thanks to all who gave positive comments and suggestions E

Congrats earl.... I sure hope you get a good shooter. Odds are in your favor. Good luck man and good shooting!!! gun)

Just checked out that ruger. Looks like a great gun at a great price, with a threaded muzzle? Nice. You can't go wrong with that.

Congrats on picking out your rig. Shoot half the fun is trying to find the right stick for you. I was going to say that I just picked up a very nice tikka 243 for 500, so they are out there. But at this point it doesn't matter as you already got a nice rig. Again congrats and enjoy!

-Marc

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.