Help from Bell & Carlson user

Wille

Would appreciate some help, want to up great a REM stock. Need comment's of this stock users !!!

Have a Remington 700 SPS in 308 std barrel new that has a plastic stock in it. Do not like the fell nor the looks of the stock and want to change it. Do not want to spend mucho on it and have looked at Bell & Carlson´s Medalist (2961) and their Alaskan II (2462) Have also looked at Hogues full length 7075 Aluminum bedded stocks.
The B&C cost $ 240 and the Hogue $ 190

Would like to hear from users of them stocks and any helpful ideas.

Thanks, Wille

I have both stocks you mentioned. I have big hands and really like the feel of the Houge stock but I think the Medalist is a better looking stock. The medalist is lighter in weight but has more drop at the comb. I'm currently having a rifle built with the B&C stock.

I have a B&C medlist on my 308 sps varmit and like it. For the price you cant go wrong. There are a lot better stocks out there, but alot more money. Mine took a little bit of work to get to fit right, but no more than the H/S I put on my weatherby.

I have an Alaskan II on my 338RUM and love it, it really seams to of tamed the recoil and is much easier to shoot. I have a Hogue on a 30-06 and while it feels nice the B&C is a much better stock IMO.

I have 3 B&C Medalist stocks. They are great for the money. Especially if you order them with a custom LOP like I need. I like to have mine skim bedded, but that is just me and probably not necessary for most. All three were ordered through Stocky's Stocks. They are great to deal with no matter the brand you order.

Howa 1500 243AI with a Medalist Weatherby Style

Weatherby Accumark 280AI with a Medalist Weatherby Style
(that is also what comes on the rifle from the factory)

Remington 300 RUM with a Medalist Alaskan II

I have used almost ALL mfg's. stocks, and for synthetics much prefer the B&C (I use mainly M40's) with full bedding blocks. good fit/finish and great pricing compared to the higher dollar units that you will have to finis/inlet/"tinker" with.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts