HELP! Applied Ballistics for Androids Kestrel Plugin

Quarter Round

I have the Applied Ballistics program on my Android and a Kestrel with Bluetooth. According to Bryan Litz there is a free plugin required to get the Kestrel connected to the android, but I have not been able to find it and don't have a clue what I'm looking for. Appreciate any help members can provide.

Yes, that did the trick. Tested it out yesterday for pairing and connection and I'm up and running. Thanks again.

Question for you guys using BlueTooth to input data. Where do you carry your Kestrel? I have found my kestrel (2500 non BT.) takes a few minutes to settle in on the current temp when taken out of my pack. I would assume that is due to some transferred body heat. Temp being such an important part of a long range shooting solution, I have shied away from the BT method. Your thoughts???

Jeff

Not much experince, but I carried mine in a gear bag yesterday and it settled in less than 30 seconds on the temperature. This is a learning experince for me and I had the same thoughts. Considering I whitetail hunt from a stand there is usually ample time for this type of device to settle in, but actual use will tell the tale.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.