Hello, new here

bajabill

I have been reading here a while and decided to sign up (need that search feature). I may have run into a few people somewhere else as I am not new to gun forums. Huntamerica, huntingnet, accuratereloding, graybeardoutdoors, savageshooter to name a few.

My interests include the ballistics as well as mini gunsmithing opportunities - not requiring a machine shop. Lately, I have been able to shoot more - young kids cut into this hobby for a few years. I am fortunate to have the ability to shoot 600 yds easily and more if I want to move stuff around. Usually, however I just put a target out about 300.

For guns, I like Savage because I am left handed and they are the most LH friendly maker I know of. I mess around with H&R because I like the easy way to get different chamberings without the cost and effort (this extends to Savage also).

For hunting, realistically just a deer hunter, in the woods so my longest shot has probably been about 125 yds.

Right now, Im trying to decide if/what my next project will be. Short list is ream a 44 mag to 445sm (H&R), or ream my 45-70 to 45-90 (H&R), or ream a 30-06 to 30-06AI (Savage), or add something in a 338 flavor to a 7mmRem Mag savage. Time will only tell I guess - its a long winter.

Welcome to Long Range Hunting. It sounds like you'll fit right in.:)

Sounds like your winter is pretty well planned out. Let us know which way you go and how it works out.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.