hello everyone new here

257ackleyhunter

Hello everybody, my name is Mathew this is my first time on this particular forum. I live in Mesquite Nevada but grew up in Pennsylvania then spent 6 and half years in the air force i recently separated and I'm excited to be able to get back into reloading and hunting on a regular basis again. I started hunting and reloading at a very young age and my dad taught me everything i know and i plan to improve my knowledge and skill even more now that I'm in a place that is more conducive to my hobby. As a teenager I decided to build my own custom rifle instead of buying a car which most teenagers would do. I decided to put together a 257 Roberts Ackley Improved in a Thompson Center encore. It has a 26 inch barrel 1/10 twist with a custom taper to fit what used to be virgin valley guns scope base but is now match grade machine. the barrel was machined and reamed by E Arthur Brown out of Minnesota. I also had a custom trigger job done that eliminated creep. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.