Hello From Spokane Wa

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by madcow41, Jan 26, 2013.

1. madcow41

madcow41 Active Member

Hi

Im kinda new to actually posting about long range hunting and shooting as I just got a winchester model 70 Pre 64 in 300 win mag and wanted to seriously build my longrange skill set.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f26/winchester-model-70-pre-64-a-106293/

If theres anyone else just starting out in spokane let me know or if anyone wants to help a new guy out give me a shout..

Madcow

2. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

What kind of help are you looking for?

3. madcow41

madcow41 Active Member

Well all I have done in the past is pick a distance and walk the rounds out until I hit my target, then shoot at that distance. It wastes time and ammo and does little for me when I go to hunt (Coyote etc) I want to get better at firing one shot and getting the effect on target that I want. meaning adjusting for elevation and compensating for wind

4. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

Where are you shooting?

5. madcow41

madcow41 Active Member

I typically shoot out at davenport or mica, I dont really like mica because the guy that runs it always asks to shoot my 1911 and asks me all these questions about it. which isnt a problem but he always asks about it even though hes seen it before.

I hunt out near davenport and up in colville nat forest

6. 405win

405win Well-Known Member

Welcome madcow,

If you plan on shooting one load out of your rifle at 800 yards or less, then a ballistic type reticle may work for you. There are quite a few to chose from but theres only 2 or 3 that work well enough to consider in my mind.
    You can get a scope that allows you to dial in and they can be more precise and versatile but generally run slower, atleast if I'm behind the trigger.
    I believe that first and formost is an accurate rifle which I'm sure you already knew.