Hello from Spain! Questions about a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 creedmoor

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Padmi, Apr 14, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Padmi

Padmi Member

thanks a lot for your clarification! I will buy eld-m that it easy to find in Spain

2. Padmi

Padmi Member

Thanks so much for your words. About the powder I have other good options here in Spain. And it is forbidden to purchase powder from other countries

3. Padmi

Padmi Member

Thanks a lot for your advices. And you are right. At the end since my barrel has 1 8 twist, Im going to buy the ELD hornady 140gr, that are cheap bullets here in Spain.

Answering your question, yes, I have a chronograph so I can check the velocity.

And about your country, currently Im sending my resume to A lot of companies there. Bergara offered me a job as RD engineer but in their spanish factory and my dream is living in U.S.

the hunter and Echo Charlie like this.
  4. Frog4aday

Frog4aday Well-Known Member

Pablo, I wish you the best of luck with your USA job search. If not with Bergara, there are LOTS of other gun companies here that would be happy to employee a Spanish speaking engineer!

As for the Hornady ELD-M bullets, they really are excellent. You used the word "cheap" which tends to mean poor quality, but I'm sure you were just pointing out that they were affordable in your country. They definitely are high quality bullets and so many have gotten excellent accuracy with them.

It is good to hear you already have a chronograph. You are in great shape to get started with long range rifle shooting and precision handloading! Good luck. Be safe. Have fun.

Padmi likes this.
  5. Padmi

Padmi Member

Thanks for your words. First, sorry for my poor English, I started studying it three years ago, but I still make a lot of mistakes. When I said “cheap” trying to mean affordable, as you told. Thanks for the correction, I improved my English a little bit more haha.

Yeah, my dream is working there so Im motivated to find in some states like Texas, South Dakota, Wyoming, Louisiana, Colorado,,,

I’m going to follow your advice that is the same that the rest of people that told in this post ELD bullets.

Thanks so much again. Let me prepare the rifle because now Im bussy in my job, and then I will show you my results

Frog4aday and Echo Charlie like this.
  6. CO_Guy

CO_Guy Well-Known Member

Pablo,
    Barcelona is on my bucket list! I'd like to visit the Dali and Picasso museums.

Padmi likes this.
  7. Padmi

Padmi Member

Barcelona is a nice city. There are people from a lot of countries, it is not a traditional spanish city like Toledo, Cuenca, Granada or Santiago. But most of people say that it is the most beautifull city in Spain. The weather is warn.

I would like to recommend you Granada, Toledo and Santiago if you want to visit medieval cities.

But if you come to Spain you can mail me and I can help.

Prepare your pocket (i dont know if in english you say “pocket” when you try to mean prepare money”, barcelona is very very expensive. The most expensive city in Spain. For example Toledo is cheap and food is really good

the hunter and CO_Guy like this.
  8. the hunter

the hunter Well-Known Member

If guns is you passion, DO NOT MOVE TO CALIFORNIA. It's a different planet.

9. Padmi

Padmi Member

I know. I told other states but never California!

I was in Yosemite, Dead Valley, San Francisco and LA and I enjoyed my visit. But I notice that the legislation about firearms is different