Hello from Spain! Questions about a Bergara B-14 HMR 6.5 creedmoor

Padmi

Hi guys,

My name is Pablo. I'm mechanical engineer in Spain, but to be honest, I love America! I was in your country fourth times, and I might return on September. My dream is to live in your country and work there. I have only one hobby: shooting&fireamrs, and in Spain is very difficult to practice it.

My best friend allays sayes: "about firearms, we have to follow the advice of the Americans... so my friends, here I'm.

Recently I bought a Bergara B14 HMR and 6.5 chambered (twist 1 8¨). (Excuse me if my english is not enought good) and I need a lot of advices, To start I have the following questions. Maybe you can teach me:

1. Which bulleds do you recomend? I think in 140 grains, and about the brand I think Sierra.
2.How much grains of powder per cartrige I will need? Nobody have this rifle here in Spain so to start is very difficult.
3. More advices?

What do you think about the rifle? It will be my first one.

Thanks so much in advance guys, see you on September!

Last edited:
Welcome, you have bought a fine rifle, any good loading manual will have all the loading info you need, if you want to try ANY bullet , get the loading manual from that manufacturer, it's a great hobby and very satisfying. Someday I would like to hunt sheep in your country, but I have many states to check off my list before I travel abroad,good luck and shoot straight.

Last edited:
Welcome. You should get a reloading manual. I recommend Berger bullets. The 140 grain hybrid target bullets. If you are hunting with it, use the 140 VLD. Hornady 140, 143, or 147 are all good choices as well. What types of powder is available in Spain? Can you get ADI powder?

I have the same rifle as you bought. I like it very much. I intend to find what factory ammo shoots the best in it for targets and also for hunting deer. After that I'll buy some dies and try some of the bullets these gentlemen are suggesting, the Berger, Nosler and some others. Good luck and enjoy!

I havent started load development for mine yet, it's the B14 hunter not hmr, but I can tell you this the hornady black factory ammo was a complete waste of money. It was all that was available and I just wanted to get a box through for break in. But really disappointed in how bad that stuff was. But I do have a box of 140gr Berger VLD Hunters sitting on the loading bench and a pound of H4350 based on recommendations I received from guys on here. One of these days I'll actually get around to it I hope.

Welcome, you have bought a fine rifle, any good loading manual will have all the loading info you need, if you want to try ANY bullet , get the loading manual from that manufacturer, it's a great hobby and very satisfying. Someday I would like to hunt sheep in your country, but I have many states to check off my list before I travel abroad,good luck and shoot straight.

You are welcome, I can help you to book your trip here, and maybe we both can go hunting.

Welcome. You should get a reloading manual. I recommend Berger bullets. The 140 grain hybrid target bullets. If you are hunting with it, use the 140 VLD. Hornady 140, 143, or 147 are all good choices as well. What types of powder is available in Spain? Can you get ADI powder?

Thanks for your answer! I agree with you about Berger bullets, my two options are 140gr berger bullets or 140gr Sierra bullets. I'm not going to hunt using this rifle, it is only for shooting in precision. I have a shooting camp close of my house, the biggest in Spain but I only can shoot to 1000 meters. But to start is enough, I will start in 100m, and then move to 300 to check my loads. Then we can go to get the 1000m.

About the powder no, I can't get ADI powder in Spain, two famous powders here are RS50, RS52, RS60... and also VITAHVUORI N150.

Maybe I can check in the tables and get the conversion

I have the same rifle as you bought. I like it very much. I intend to find what factory ammo shoots the best in it for targets and also for hunting deer. After that I'll buy some dies and try some of the bullets these gentlemen are suggesting, the Berger, Nosler and some others. Good luck and enjoy!
Perfect, we can share our recipes and our trials if you want, I will start in one month

Go on line to the powder manufacturers web sites and review their data. Look in your area for available powders and bullet manufacturers. Compare the data from numerous sources. Asking abstract questions on line can lead to dangerous advice. I am sure the guys on this forum intend no harm and want to help. If there are no manuals in your location, I am sure there are reloading data manuals available for you to purchase on line.

point-added a ic. f loading chart of powder to weight of bullet it did not stitch first time well see thus tine

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-15_9-4-20.png
    upload_2019-4-15_9-4-20.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 324
  • upload_2019-4-15_9-4-47.png
    upload_2019-4-15_9-4-47.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 270
does it look like it posted well
Factory ammo that has worked extremely well was the Hornady ELD m 140 and 147 and 143 ELD X. .965 cm group at 91.4meters (100 yards)

Hi guys,

My name is Pablo. I'm mechanical engineer in Spain, but to be honest, I love America! I was in your country fourth times, and I might return on September. My dream is to live in your country and work there. I have only one hobby: shooting&fireamrs, and in Spain is very difficult to practice it.

My best friend allays sayes: "about firearms, we have to follow the advice of the Americans... so my friends, here I'm.

Recently I bought a Bergara B14 HMR and 6.5 chambered (twist 1 8¨). (Excuse me if my english is not enought good) and I need a lot of advices, To start I have the following questions. Maybe you can teach me:

1. Which bulleds do you recomend? I think in 140 grains, and about the brand I think Sierra.
2.How much grains of powder per cartrige I will need? Nobody have this rifle here in Spain so to start is very difficult.
3. More advices?

What do you think about the rifle? It will be my first one.

Thanks so much in advance guys, see you on September!
Excellent rifle choice....sign up with ....www.loaddata.com it's an excellent choice which provides loads for all makes of bullets and powders....approx....380,000+.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts