Hello from Olympia, Washington

El Lobo

Hi everybody. My name is Rowland Zoller. I am new to the forum and to long range hunting so be gentle because I am kind of sensitive and my feelings are easily hurt. Seriously, this looks like a great forum and I hope to learn lots of good stuff in anticipation of my first trip to eastern Montana this fall for deer and antelope with my friend Will. I will be taking my Remington 700 ADL's in 243 and 30-06 on the trip. Both are outfitted with Leupold scopes, the 243 with a 2-7x and the 06 with a 3-9x. I would like to work up some handloads for that open country and longer ranges than over here in western washington, where we hunt in the brush a lot. Any help and wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

Rowland

I built the Sportsmans Warehouse in Lacey. Dont know if it even exists now. Watch out in Mt. if youve never been there, you may not want to leave:D. Theres piles of info here on L/R/H for 243 and -06. Great guys too. Not too many without manners, so your ''feelings'' shouldnt get hurt. haha The Moderators and Mr Backus run a very polite site here. I realy appreciate that about this place.
Tons of info, and polite folks. Glad to see you found L/R/H. Good luck in Montana.

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Thanks, fellas. This looks like a good place to learn what I need to know. Winmag, the Sportsmans Warehouse is still in Lacey, although it is now called Warehouse Sports. I just bought a really nice pair of Zeiss Conquest 10x40 binoculars there last week. They were on closeout for $650--too good a deal to pass up.

I am really looking forward to hunting in Montana. We are going over in the NE corner of the state. Looks to be a great trip.

See you around the forum.

Rowland

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.