Hello from Arizona

wildcat455

I've been hunting, shooting and reloading for 41 years now. Started out with a military surplus 8 mm Mauser my dad bought me for my 13th birthday. Up to that point, I used to just go hunting with dad, tagging along. First deer i shot was in Wisconsin hunting on my grandpa's farm, first elk was at 19, (it was hard to get drawn). Also at 19, I bought his 300 win mag from him... probably bugged him too much for it... and thus began a really long love affair for that cartridge. Also, I just couldn't seem to curb the desire to own more firearms... Currently I have 3 300 WM's but getting ready to sell one to a guy at work that wants to get into hunting. In my early 20's I bought a 264 win mag off my brother, and I really enjoyed that gun, too. Recently picked up a new one of those and have been enjoying shooting and hand loading for it as well. I have been getting into long range shooting and handloading now for about a year. I still have my ethical limit to take an animal at 500 yards, (I set that one back at 19 when I got my elk at that distance) but I am close to opening up that range here soon. Planning on another Colorado elk hunt this year, and I'm also in the draw for elk here in Arizona. Putting in for deer again as well when the time comes. Looking forward to contributing in any way I can, and ill be sure to ask for help if I need it.

Hope to see and hear from some of the locals to Arizona, as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.