Heavy .30 cal bullets

Joefrazell

Hey guys. I've got a Remington sendero in .300 win mag that's been bedded and has a timney put in it. I love this rifle. My current load is 190 gr custom competition with 73.5 gr of h4831 with the bullet just seated touching the lands. This will shoot .3-.6 moa pretty regularly. My desire is to shoot a heavy bullet but I just can't seem to get the accuracy i want. I've tried 208 eldm's, 210 vld's and currently 212 eldx's. I've tried the 208 and 210 with h1000 and retumbo. The 210 vld shot right around .8- 1.2 moa. Not horrible but not great. The 208 eldm never shot very well usually 1.5 moa. I've just tried the 212 eldx with h-4831 thinking that maybe my barrel liked that powder. Its shooting 1.5 moa with the 4 charge weights I've tried. I've wanted to try the 215 hybrid but haven't gotten my hands on them yet. I'm gunna probably try some seating testing with the 212's and also try magnum primers as I've been using winchester large rifle non magum. Anyone have any ideas? Also do you think the 190 ablr will shoot like the 190 cc? The accubonds are much longer but not sure about bearing service. I want to shoot a higher bc bullet if I can. Soon I will burn this barrel up with all the load development. I've got probably 400 rounds down the tube in 9 months

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.