30 cal bullet?

thaught

building a 30 Nosler and want to throat the chamber for a berger bullet. I hear great things about the 215 gr, but I'm concerned it's not labeled as a hunting bullet. Should I just look at the 210 gr bullet instead?

building a 30 Nosler and want to throat the chamber for a berger bullet. I hear great things about the 215 gr, but I'm concerned it's not labeled as a hunting bullet. Should I just look at the 210 gr bullet instead?
Do some searches and you will see many many many animals taken with the 215.

Here is the definitive thread on that topic:

Read it. Answer's all of your questions and backs it up with proven results on game, mostly elk.
I used a .30 Nosler and the 215 to take a bull moose here in WY in 2018 as well as a great mule deer. One and done on both of them. The moose was 100 yds away. He traveled less than 20 yds.
Bruce

Thanks to Broz for his very thorough reporting on the bullet's performance on big game. 31 cold bore kills are documented. Link starts on page 6 where the animal dispatching begins. Impact velocity distance entrance and exit pics prove how well this Hybrid Target bullet works on game.

What will you be hunting?
If it's elk then I'd strongly suggest going bonded or mono, the Barnes 210 Bore Rider should be awesome with a .710 BC.
I had really poor results with the 215 on elk last season, people get super touchy about this sort of stuff so if you're interested in my results send me a PM.

Here you go;

it is all I shot in my 300 win and have taken a lot of large game with it up here in Alaska from deer to moose and grizz non went more then 15 feet all dead and down

I've watched a number of elk take a 215 from a 30 Nolser running them at 3120 fps, absolutely pile drives them!! Been my favorite bullet for a long time, used to shoot Barnes and accubonds, life got a whole lot better once I started shooting lethal bullets, from 308 to the 30 Nolser is been one and done every time.

Everybody has an opinion on this topic. I basically use two rifles and two loads for everything at this point (though I'm putting together a .243 win right now). I use an AR in 5.56 with 40gr vmax bullets for small stuff like coyotes and a .300 win mag with 199gr hammer hunters for everything else. I have used 215 bergers before but haven't in about a year. Most of my shots are 300-400 yards not 800-1000.

215 is a great bullet for the 30 nosler. Mine pushes them @ 3060 w/ H1000. My chamber has 200 freebore and a neck diameter that's 0.0025" less than saami. Works well with adg and Bertram brass, as the nosler is thicker necked than other brands. Attached is the reamer specs.

Attachments

• received_258335348227003.jpeg
    received_258335348227003.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 63
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.