Headspace question for new Carbon6 prefit barrel

Having a headspace gauge being pushed from one side by the ejector, unevenly, sure won't help for perfect headspacing for accuracy. There are gauges designed with a cutout for the ejector and that would be fine. Happy shooting folks!
If it pushes the gauge, then it'll push the cartridge also. It evens out. Brass rubs, wears and thins out off the base (maybe not on BA's), so steel gauges (to me) are the way too go. If I question what I do and how I do it, I wouldn't do it that way. IF you're criticizing me it's ok. I don't have an issue with that. It just works for me. If I were doing work for someone else's firearm, I would probably do it different.

On REM 700's, I have done it either way…but when I am turning a barrel shoulder, threads and bolt nose recesses, I measure with the plunger ejector removed.
I always torque barrels to 100lbs/ft on non-switch barrel set-ups.

Cheers.

If it pushes the gauge, then it'll push the cartridge also. It evens out. Brass rubs, wears and thins out off the base (maybe not on BA's), so steel gauges (to me) are the way to go. If I question what I do and how I do it, I wouldn't do it that way. IF you're criticizing me it's ok. I don't have an issue with that. It just works for me. If I were doing work for someone else's firearm, I would probably do it different.
I've never seen a brass headspace gauge before, not sure we're talking the same thing sir. Not criticizing, some newer folks are looking for suggestions on Headspacing and problems associated with same. After 30 years of rifle building I offered up what the expectations are in my shop and why.

I've never seen a brass headspace gauge before, not sure we're talking the same thing sir. Not criticizing, some newer folks are looking for suggestions on Headspacing and problems associated with same. After 30 years of rifle building I offered up what the expectations are in my shop and why.
I stated brass inly because some try and headspace with their fired brass. Not sure why? I'm not suggesting that not removing the ejector isn't a better or best way, only my way that has worked for 8 years. I only do it that way in my builds. On building someone else's or on hand guiding I would recommend remthe ejector. For double checking I gave set headspace with the ejector in and then removed it and rechecked. Found it made 0 difference. I will state that there could be minor variance in spacing, but have no way to check it.

I stated brass inly because some try and headspace with their fired brass. Not sure why? I'm not suggesting that not removing the ejector isn't a better or best way, only my way that has worked for 8 years. I only do it that way in my builds. On building someone else's or on hand guiding I would recommend remthe ejector. For double checking I gave set headspace with the ejector in and then removed it and rechecked. Found it made 0 difference. I will state that there could be minor variance in spacing, but have no way to check it.
I would think a loaded round would act the same as a guage why not do it as arlife suggested