HBN powder coating anyone??

If I was to oil the bore every time I put the hex coated rifle away, I wouldn't even bother with Hex. That's one of the main reasons I use hex boron nitride.
My cold bore shot would be out of the group and the benefits of hex is out the window.

So with the the HBN your first shot from a cold, clean (coated with HBN) bore is right on? No need for fouling shots or to leave the bore fouled through season or whatever period of time?

So with the the HBN your first shot from a cold, clean (coated with HBN) bore is right on? No need for fouling shots or to leave the bore fouled through season or whatever period of time?

Yes, the cold bore shot is in the group. It doesn't matter when.. I can jump out of my truck, dial and hit... I love it!!!!

Yea that would be the selling point for me. I don't really like to keep my barrel fouled but I don't wanna have my first shot be off from a clean bore either.

How is the bullet coating process?

Yea that would be the selling point for me. I don't really like to keep my barrel fouled but I don't wanna have my first shot be off from a clean bore either.

How is the bullet coating process?
Jeff Brozovich has a great video on YouTube explaining his process. I used his technique with the only thing different is I use a vibratory tumbler. Google hex boron nitride bullet coating and click on videos. You should be able to find it. If not I'll get you a link.

I agree with the positive comments on HBN, it does involve a little more prep, washing bullets, tumbling, buffing etc... but I like that stuff. My rifles clean easier with less fouling, they dont heat as quickly, it stops cold welding of reloaded loads and ensures consistent neck tension. Whats not to like?

Thanks for the link to the vid guy's, it all seems easy enough with a little time. My only question is can you accomplish the same thing with a vibratory tumbler instead of the rolling tumbler like he showed?

I just got done putting this microlon gun juice on 2 of my rifles and one of the things I read is that they thought it was suspended HBN, anybody know for sure?

All I know is the stuff really works, cut the cleaning time/effort in half for those 2 guns. I'm just now wondering what the results will be if I decide to try HBN on top of it

Thanks for the link to the vid guy's, it all seems easy enough with a little time. My only question is can you accomplish the same thing with a vibratory tumbler instead of the rolling tumbler like he showed?

I just got done putting this microlon gun juice on 2 of my rifles and one of the things I read is that they thought it was suspended HBN, anybody know for sure?

All I know is the stuff really works, cut the cleaning time/effort in half for those 2 guns. I'm just now wondering what the results will be if I decide to try HBN on top of it
I use a vibratory tumbler with no problems. I do have to run mine for about three hours to get a good coating. My wife is a jewlery store manager and she got me one of those magnifying loops they use to inspect jewlery. I use it to look for a good coating in the bullet jacket.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.