Has Anyone Tried New B&C A2 Style Tactical Medalist stock?

true1911

The question is has anyone tried the new Bell & Carlson A2 Style Vertical Grip Tactical Medalist 2096?
From the picture it looks like it would be a great prone stock. I just hate buying without having seen one. Has anyone else got one? Good or bad?

2092colors.jpg

Just put one on my Savage FV in .223. For the price it is an excellent stock. Just got it back from the smith today after having it bedded and shot it a little this afternoon. The only fault I have found is that the action is slightly canted in the the stock, hence the bedding. The barrel is still free floating, but you can see it is definately closer to the edge along the one side of the channel. Other than that it is a very comfortable stock to shoot prone with.

CapDog, Thanks for your response.Would you say its comparable in quality to an HS Precision? Does the forearm seem stiff enough? Any dislikes? Do you think its tuff enough for a .30 cal magnum? Thanks in advance.

i have one on my 6x47 lapua. it seems to be a good stock for the money. i think that if i were going to buy one again i would get the adjustable one.

Comparing it to the HS I have on my LTR it is quite comparable and construction feels along the same lines. It has a bit more flex, but it is a longer stock so I would think that would be expected.

I have 2 of these on my Sendero's in 300 RUM. Skim Bedded. For the price I love them. Toughness and strength wise no problems as of yet. Over 300 rounds on each one. Little heavier weight wise than an HS. Only dislike is that wide flat fore end but will fix that with a sander. Overall great stock for the $$$$.

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
Elkhuntingguide, thats a nice looking rifle. You mentioned that you were going to sand down the forend. Are you worried about hitting foam or losing strength? It looks as if reshaping the forend would make it an almost perfect riflestock for long range hunting.

I contacted Bell & Carlson and was told i should not hit foam in the fore end just to go easy and dont get carried away. I have almost completed my other stock which is tan in color and have not hit foam yet. I am only rounding off the stock in the area behind the second lug where my left hand will be placed while shooting from a standing or kneeling position. Prone is no problem as I never touch the front end of my stock.

Last edited:
We just finished making a few mods to my friends. I took it on the router table and round off the fore stock. We then put 2 layers of glass on it. Then we got looking at and decided we came this far we might as well cut a hand hook infront of the butt. So I took it on the scroll saw and 5 minutes later it had the hook. We glassed it, filled it, sanded it and a 3 color Krylon camo job fiished it off. It now rivals the $600 stocks on some of my guns.

Just looked a the Bell and Carlson site and they have a new Remington light tactical stock that looks like the one we made out of the medalist.

Last edited:
6mm Shooter,

That sounds like a good project. Did you hit foam in the forearm? Did you change the angle of the forearm or just round it off? Is the forearm made of solid material? Please give some more details. Thanks.

We did not change the angle just rounded it out. We did not hit any foam but what ever they make the the stock from is quite porous but hard when you get into it. Nothing a few quick layers of glass didn't fix.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.