Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

Have 3 of them
260, 28 nosler, 300 Win
hand loaded 260 shoots in the 2s
28 Nosler shoots the 180 Bergers under a half inch
300 about the same with 210s
About the best value you can get, they had a few minor problems early on that seem to have been taken care of. I love their Rifles.

You shooting muzzle brake on or off? Glad to see they are working for you.

I bought two Professionals, a 28 Nosler and a 35 Whelen and honestly I couldn't be happier.
Very well put together, superbly accurate and they fit like a glove.
They are the nicest factory built rifles I have ever owned and I have had some dandies.
Both rifles pretty much cover the spectrum of my hunting so now I am looking for a valid and justifiable reason to buy a third without causing a divorce...

I bought two Professionals, a 28 Nosler and a 35 Whelen and honestly I couldn't be happier.
They are the nicest factory built rifles I have ever owned and I have had some dandies.
Both rifles pretty much cover the spectrum of my hunting so now I am looking for a valid and justifiable reason to buy a third without causing a divorce...

That's awesome to hear kevan, are you reloading for the 28 Nosler or running factory ammo? What kinds of groups are you getting?

That's awesome to hear kevan, are you reloading for the 28 Nosler or running factory ammo? What kinds of groups are you getting?

I'm shooting strictly handloads using either a 160 Accubond or a 168 LRAB.
The Accubond hovers around the half inch and the 168 went 0.30 " with one group but note that I haven't been able to duplicate.
I haven't had either rifle out lately because I have had serious lumbar surgery and it may be a month or more before I can get out next, but I promise to add to this thread when I do.
The 28 with the brake is like shooting a 22-250..... Without brake it is like a 300 mag.
Accuracy does not change either with or without.

So I just picked up a Professional in 300 WM from SW and had a couple of questions. Was it supposed to come with an owners manual, test target, or any kind of info on breaking in the barrel? I got none of that with mine. Has anyone found a particular brand of factory ammo that works best in these guns?

Neither one of mine had a test target and only one had a pamphlet that you could call a manual.
Did you buy yours from a dealer or a private sale ?
I have heard recently that they dropped our Professional model and after that I also read somewhere that they in fact shut their doors as in gone out of business.

Either way I don't care as I am totally happy with my two and have no intention of parting with them.

Good luck on your Rifle. Breakin will depend on the barrel you got. With my 280 AI. It was so ruff, it never stopped holding onto Cooper. It looked like a pumpkin after just on round after many hrs of cleaning. This was even after 200 round fired. Around the Boise area. I have never heard of these rifles shooting any better then 2-4 moa. Mine would not do better then 2" at 100 yards even with hand loads. I even sent it back. There test targets was best at 1.5" one 3 shot group. The other groups were 1.75 and 2.25 Moa at 100 yards.

Brian

Good luck on your Rifle. Breakin will depend on the barrel you got. With my 280 AI. It was so ruff, it never stopped holding onto Cooper. It looked like a pumpkin after just on round after many hrs of cleaning. This was even after 200 round fired. Around the Boise area. I have never heard of these rifles shooting any better then 2-4 moa. Mine would not do better then 2" at 100 yards even with hand loads. I even sent it back. There test targets was best at 1.5" one 3 shot group. The other groups were 1.75 and 2.25 Moa at 100 yards.

Brian

Yup, same here with my 3006 . Oh yea, and a complete lack of customer service. Going out of business would be the best thing for consumers.

Neither one of mine had a test target and only one had a pamphlet that you could call a manual.
Did you buy yours from a dealer or a private sale ?
I have heard recently that they dropped our Professional model and after that I also read somewhere that they in fact shut their doors as in gone out of business.

Either way I don't care as I am totally happy with my two and have no intention of parting with them.

I got it from Sportsman's Warehouse. I emailed LAW about the Professional last week and quickly received a reply from the COO of the company. She told me they have stopped producing the Professional but have introduced a new model called the Capra. It is supposed to be arriving at dealers now. MSRP is about $3000. I figured $1600 for the Professional was worth the gamble as I was told the latest produced guns have a Wilson #4 contour barrel instead of the #3 that the early production guns had. They supposedly make their own stocks now as they were having issues with the previous supplier. Can't wait to get it set up and see what it can do.

I don't think the barrels where ever wilsons. As Cooper owns the Wilson barrel line. I believe the barrels were Bergara lower grade barrels to keep the cost way down. Mark Bansner owned the High tech stock line. They had no trouble getting stocks. The problem was they had been cutting every corner possible with no quality control other then going (well that looks good) then packaging and getting the rifle out the door. The people at law will lie all day long to anyone that calls. My self and 2 buddy's called them one day last year. All three of us asked the same questions. All three of us got totally different answeres. These rifle are made to look good. But they are put together really bad. Bad bedding, receivers not being true, and barrels being installed not true to the bore is what causes the bad accuracy in the LAW rifles.

For every LAW rifle that shoots under 1moa consistently. There are another 1000 that don't..

Just my experience. I WILL NEVER SHOOT OR OWN ANTHER LAW RIFLE AGAIN!!!!!!

Brian

Brian

Since the barrel is already not good, you could get the fare lapping kit from Dave Tubb. Every rifle I did it with was way easier to clean and some shot better. None were worse.

So I just picked up a Professional in 300 WM from SW and had a couple of questions. Was it supposed to come with an owners manual, test target, or any kind of info on breaking in the barrel? I got none of that with mine. Has anyone found a particular brand of factory ammo that works best in these guns?

Call them or when you register rifle online ask them your questions.

Just picked up one (professional 300 WM) yesterday at Local Sportsmans Warehouse on closeout. Seems to be rather different experiences with them. Configuration was just what I was looking for in a Mountain Elk gun. Probably wont shoot it until spring. Anything I need to look for before I shoot it to see if I may have any issues? Going to break it in with factory loads and go from there.

Recent Posts