Has anyone shot a legendary arms works professional rifle?

I spoke to their rep at the Shot Show. They have dropped their base model and raised their prices. They have changed some personnel. I was not impressed by the person I spoke to. Had a friend wanting one, but after shot he's going a different direction. I really like the feel of the gun but I doubt they will be around in 5 years. Just my 2 cents.

Be careful about posting negative info about Legendary Arms on this site. My previous thread I started several months back to get information on the quality of the product and customer service was pulled completely from the forum when members began posting of their poor customer service experience with this company. It still shows up in Google search but is now a "broken link".
Based on the information given I was on the fence, but after that stunt, I couldn't run away quick enough.

nobama, when did you return yours to sportsman's? I was in there two days ago and saw one in the rack.

I'm only assuming you're talking about the Cheyenne store.

Now I am getting worried. I read through the posts on response to Ron Spomer's article. Several were postive. Most were critical of the MOA out of the box. One good with the 28 Nosler. One reply said his 28 Nosler shot like a shotgun. Hopefully it's not raining here tomorrow and I can test mine.

Here is the link to the article:
Ron Spomer on the Legendary Arms Works Professional Rifle With 704 Action - The Truth About Guns

Hopefully you get lucky and score something that puts rounds into 1/2 MOA =) Let us know how it turns out.

I ordered the Professional model back in Feb of 2015, I just received it 2 weeks ago . I have had it out to the range twice and still have not gotten the accuracy guarantee of 3 rds in an 1" @100yds. have tried factory Accubonds, Barnes TTSX and core lokts with no luck and some handloads using the above bullets and Seirra game kings with IMR4350 and still no luck. Groups are inconsistent, two touching or close then one off to the side seems to be common . I have not had luck getting customer service on the phone, always takes you to an answering machine. I am located close to Dave Sullivan at Westwind rifles and am going to drop it off this week and have him give it a good look and see if anything stands out as being problematic , double check my scope mounting etc. and then give it another go I guess ?

I shot 50 rounds today to beak in the rifle. It was a little windy to really tell. I did have one two group 1/2 moa with the third shot 2 inches off. Barrel pretty warm after 3 shots. Someone at the range mentioned about the light weight barrel and heat could be an issue. I was shooting Nosler 175 gr Accubonds.

I am going to take it to an indoor 100 range before I make a decision.

I just remember when first shot my Sako Finnlight 30-06. I am a very inexperienced shooter and I was shooting holes through holes. I wish it was a Sako but I wanted the 28 Nosler instead of the Win Mag. I did get a good price on it so rebarreling could be an option.

Went to the range this weekend testing my LAW 28 Nosler... shot .69 MOA at 200 with 78.5 grains of H1000 behind 180 Berger Hybrid. was using fire formed brass... with the virgin brass 3 of 4 shots measured .444 MOA with one flyer that opened it up to 1.62 MOA. Was really there to find the max pressure though. Put 7 different charge weights ranging from 78.8 grns to 82.3 grains into about 5.5" inches at 300 yards... which impressed me.... I'm thinking 80 grns will be the sweat spot for this rifle but will have to hit the range again to nail it down. But pretty this thing will be a shooter

Shot my New LAW 26 nosler in the Closer model. Took about 20 shots to break it in then Shot a 1/3 MOA group well .384 in's.called up HAL and want at least one more in a 30 caliber. When I read all the negative this and negative that on these threads I had buyers remorse without even shooting it. After it being built up I let it sit in the safe for two weeks. Put a vortex ffp 6-24 x50 on it. I like the optics. Adjusted well very consistently and re zeroed after jacking with it. Anyway there was a lot of good info on this site that I appreciated being there so thanks everyone. Just though I would share.

My son-in-law also ordered a 3006 professional same time I ordered mine, his shot just like mine. not very well......until we took the muzzle brake off, then we got consistent sub 1" groups no problem, some right at 1/2" , he is more than happy with the rifle.

My son-in-law also ordered a 3006 professional same time I ordered mine, his shot just like mine. not very well......until we took the muzzle brake off, then we got consistent sub 1" groups no problem, some right at 1/2" , he is more than happy with the rifle.

I had a muzzle brake the company forgot to run a reamer into after they drilled or punched the holes. I took it to a local smith. First thing he did was drop a bullet into the muzzle end. It stopped at the first holes.

I bought one in 28 nosler and have been more than pleased with the rifle. I love everything about it and seem to be a real shooter have only shot some factory 160's in it. Which were sub moa with 5 shots excited to start on some handloads

I bought one in 28 Nosler first of Oct. Shoots the 180 bergers under .5" and they fit the mag.
Scope is a Swaro z5 BT 3-18. Between my son and I we killed 3 mule deer and an Elk this past season from 490 to 729 yards

AXL.
Can I get the your load that your using with the 180 vlds. What powder and charge, primers, seating depth etc. I really want to shoot the 180