Hangin' Coyote

300 there was no disrespect intended. Coyotes have over run my brothers place. Nature is out of balance. If hanging them on the fence moves the others to greener pastures it's a win win.
If you brother's place is in Colorado we will come and shoot them for him.

morning, turtle shells r valuable. the turtles hung from fences
is a way of a person brags about having a turtle. been this way
for years in TX. as far as coyotes. I have no feelings for the
way this predator is treated. if hunting land has coyotes?
no fawns, no quail, no turkeys, no calves. any animal small
enough for coyotes to kill they will. I saw a series were
Jackie bushman passed up a very large coyote. then shot
a very nice buck. very poor arrow placement. the buck
ran off to be killed by coyotes and eaten. HE
FOUND THE UPPER PORTATION OF THE NICE BUCK THE
NEXT MORNING.
I HAVE NO NO RESPECT FOR JACKIE BUSHMAN AS A HUNTER
OR TV HOST. VERY VERY POOR HUNTING ETHICS!!!
I hunt coyotes for sport. kill every one I can exterminate!!!
justme gbot tum

Some of us still hang them on fences here in Texas Hill Country. Those of us that still actually "ranch" anyway. Supposed to warn off other dogs, but I always thought it was to warn other landowners there were dogs about. Either way, we still do it.

Government trappers do it to let landowners know he's out doing his job. To think a coyote has the mental capacity to know that another coyote hanging on a fence is a warning to stay out is ridiculous. Coyotes experience death on a daily bases. Seeing another dead coyote is just another day to them. I've have coyotes clean up my trapping carcass pile every year that is made up 95% of coyote carcasses. Doesn't bother them one bit to have 20 dead coyotes in a pile just seen as another meal.

Are dingos treated the same way as coyotes? Like a varmint / nuisance animal? Can you hunt dingos?
Wild/feral dogs are the problem not so much the pure dingo. They cause millions of dollars damage through stock losses every year. Alot of areas have a bounty on them so through my scope they are all the same.

We get $50 around here, used to be $100, some areas with lower populations pay anything up to $500. It's definitely worth saving scalps.
They are all dingo cross, mostly with working dogs (kelpies, heelers, etc) however the closer you are to towns they are more "town dog" and less afraid of man, dangerous.
A really big dog will top 50lbs.

Gents not to be a lame or a PETA person, but does anyone think this is ethical? Usually when I kill an animal I have a lot of respect for it, regardless of what it is. I personally feel like hanging up an animal is disrespectful. What are your thoughts? Do you think it works? Like a warning to other coyotes?
I did depredation coyote and hog hunting in Northern Ca on cattle country I'd hang coyotes on fence post as proof of kill so I'd get paid from rancher but never on main roads interior fence only
The hogs I donated to food banks Hunters for the hunger

it has to be some distant reflection of the superstitions that our ancestors brought over from the Old World. I remember reading somewhere about wolves being hung at crossroads, especially in central and eastern Europe. It was some kind of warning, but I dont recall if it was meant to warn the local wolves - or the travelers.

Coyotes hangin' on fence posts. It has been a long time since I have seen one. When I was a kid a drive through the country and you would see several. It was thought a coyote hanging on the fence would warn others to stay away. What's up? Does it just not work? Or are people afraid of the liberals? Or? What do you think? View attachment 97430
Only good Coyote, is a DEAD COYOTE! Theosmithjr

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.