Hand gun optics

hesse

Good morning guys I've just picked up a CZ 75b and looking to make this a carry gun with a optic on it a red dot or Green Dot looking what people are using and why they have picked that optic

Holosun EPS Carry multi-reticle green. Enclosed emitter.....

IMG_0430.jpg

I will agree with the above Holosun EPS choice. I am going to start moving my guns to enclosed emitters because it keeps lint and junk from collecting in the lens. Personally I don't care for multi reticle choices because the circle dots are too small compared to their rifle counter parts and just obstruct the target. My astigmatism doesn't help that either. Solar options are usually unnecessary as they offer a under performing, battery free alternative as opposed to extending the life of an existing battery. I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro NV which is probably my favorite for a go to war kind of set up. Big window and clear glass. My Sig Romeo1 Pro's have worked fine but others have had problems. I have open emitter Holosuns which are built tough but have the most edge to edge distortion on the lenses. Holosun is really on the cutting edge these days with the EPS series and the Comp being great choices at good prices.

All my carry guns have a Holosun 407k-gr 6moa. For my astigmatism, they have jthe least distortion and also have the longest battery life. Battery is also easily changed without removing the unit from the gun.

I get the 407 because I don't need the circle reticle.

I have a reflex dot sight on my pistol which has both red and green multiple dot size settings! Red is easier to see in low light. Green is easier to see in daylight and also better for those of us with older eyes and a little astigmatism.

IMG_0035.jpeg
IMG_0039.jpeg

Leupold DP-PRO is my favorite open emitter (competition choice).
Aimpoint ACRO P-2 is my favorite closed emitter (battle choice).

I chose these by reputation and personal experience. I normally run a Glock for everything topped with a Leupold. Just recently trained with the Modern Samurai Project team and they loved both single action and striker fired pistols topped with Aimpoint, Holosun, Trijicon or Leupold. This training influenced me into trying a 2011 style pistol topped with the Aimpoint (closed emitter). It's been my everyday carry recently and I love it but not sure I'm ready to give up my Glock's!

Last edited: