What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

Kahr P9 in Crossbreed Quick Clip IWB holster. Buffalo Bore 124 gr. +P HP rounds in first 2 mags, Double Tap 147 gr. brass jkt. flat point full jacket in back up mag. also carry ASP 21" Airweight baton (extendable). I like options. Oh, yeah, and practice, practice, practice!

colt 10mm delta elite.

on that note, for giggles, been looking for something with a little smaller frame, as thin or thinner and lighter. i thought Dan Wesson made one that was a little more concealable and well made in 10mm. cant seem to find one though.

colt 10mm delta elite.

on that note, for giggles, been looking for something with a little smaller frame, as thin or thinner and lighter. i thought Dan Wesson made one that was a little more concealable and well made in 10mm. cant seem to find one though.

Check out Fusion Firearms. Bob Serva used to be head of the Dan Wesson Custom Shop.

Just got this yesterday, ordered from Buds. Canik55 S120 Titanium color.
It's a CZ 75B clone of sorts (think Beretta 92 and Taurus PT92). The finish is ceracote (one of the reasons I went with it). Every review I could find about it was very positive, with the exception being 1 or 2 by those guys that seem to never be happy with anything. Even CZ guys like em as much as their CZ's. Their made in Turkey, and as far as I can tell the Canik line is what the Turkish Military is issuing to their troops. DA pull is a bit stiff, SA has a little longer pull than I would like, but for the intended purpose I don't see it as an issue, and the trigger will likely get better with use anyway. Absolutely no rattles, the tolerances are tight, all steel machined from solid blocks so no casting. And at a bit over 2lbs it's quit a bit lighter than my powermag wheel gun I normally keep close at hand. If it turns out I like it as much as I think I'm going to I'll probabley pick up one of their Aluminum framed compacts for all day CC. Final cost to my hand including FFL fees was $484.

100_3370_zps2e480315.jpg

100_3373_zpsa45205fb.jpg

100_3372_zps7511b0aa.jpg

100_3371_zps9a8f3c9f.jpg

My carry gun is a 1911 DW CBOB in .45 ACP. It rides in a Kelley C-Flex held up by a Beltman belt. Opposite side is a Kelley double mag pouch. Both are IWB styles. My nightstand gun is a Ruger SP 101 with CT laser grips. A High Noon Tailgunner holster is available for the 101 if I want to carry it. I use Speer and Fed LEO ammo in both.

I am an old school advocate of the 1911 with 230 gr hardball. I have 3", 4" and 5" 45 ACP guns. I am a small person and also have a S&W 640. Ask any CCP instructor which is the best and they will tell you that it is the one that is with you. Which one, depends on my dress. My preference is the 3" or 4" 45 1911 for street carry. In the woods, it is a 45LC S&W Mountain gun with hard cast 270 SWC's. I'm going for bullet diameter and penetration. The reason for the development of the 45 ACP hasn't changed. I wouldn't feel bad about carrying a 5" 1911 in the woods in lieu of the 45LC. As far as hardball goes, I am not as concerned about coallateral damage as I am of ending the threat. I don't live in or frequent high density urban areas. I live where I can have horses at home. BTW, I also have a Bond Arms 45/410 that I carry around the home just for rattlesnakes.

Depends on where I'm at and what my percieved threats or concealment are.

-Hiking or archery hunting, either S & W 629 5" 44 mag or ruger sp101 357/38
-no major cdoncealment neded either glock 17 9mm or kimber warrior 45acp
-concealment then ruger lcp 380

I've got others but these are the ones I'm most comfortable with

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.