Hammer Safari Sept 2022

It is a saami reamer with a Wilson barrel at 24", on a Kelbly Prometheus action. It is wearing a vx3 HD 1.5-5x20 scope in some rings we had laying around. Not sure what they are. Right now it is in on old McMillan stock we had laying around. It is going into a beautiful grade A walnut stock that is out getting checkered right now. Rifle only has about 15 shots through it and it was a bit tight on pressure signs. Thinking this barrel will slick up a bit and we should be able to get to 3200 fps plus without any trouble with the 303g bullet that we have in it now. This is a prototype bullet in the Power Hammer design. We may also try a new dangerous game design that we have in mind. Will be a game time decision.

I'm really interested in the 85 grain HH in the CM. I'm running 99s in mine at 3350. Ran out of case space before pressure. 43.7 of Varget. Nosler cases. Shooting Sauer Field shot suppressed. Guns a boat anchor compared to my CA arms rigs but fun to shoot.
Even though the focus for Brian, Eric, and I has moved to trying to get animal data with the new bullet, I am still planning to take my eland with the Creed and the 85g Hammer Hunter. We will see how things go.

Put a bullet in a good place and things will happen, for you not the Eland....I've seen enough elk hit the turf via a standard cnc bullet out of 22/250's to know that the 6.5 will be more than enough to wreck an Elands day...

Got my order in and received about a week ago. Shot some 180 Hammer Hunters in 300 win mag . 80.5 grs. RL26 . Fed 215 match. Unfired Win. Cases. 3 shots one ragged hole. One shot just outside. Have Norma and ADG/Gunwerks brass to try. Had loads for 300 RUM but didn't get to shoot. Good luck on hunt and hope to see lots of pics !
IMG_20220822_084606504.jpg

Last edited:
Got my order in and received about a week ago. Shot some 180 Hammer Hunters in 300 win mag . 80.5 grs. RL26 . Fed 215 match. Unfired Win. Cases. 3 shots one ragged hole. One shot just outside. Have Norma and ADG/Gunwerks brass to try. Had loads for 300 RUM but didn't get to. Good luck on hunt and hope to see lots of pics !
Don, didn't I recommend NOT burping while squeezing???

Don, didn't I recommend NOT burping while squeezing???
It was a hick up ! Went up to buddy's cabin again near Nye, Stillwater River. They have a 500 yard range there. Nobody ever there. I shot 300 RUM out to 500 with N570 , 215 Bergers, ADG and 215 Fed. Match with VX6 4x24x52 and CDS dial. Awesome . Shot only 2 shots at 500 but we're touching . 4 at 100 and 200. Ragged one hole groups. Had loads with 180 Hammers with H1000, RL26, Retumbo and N565. I didn't seat bullets deep enough... 🙄 Getting as old as you ... 😉😄👍🏻

Last edited: