Hammer Hunter Seating Depth

60 thou. on my 284win long action with 177s. I've found they do like a certain jump. They just aren't picky like target bullets or barnes bullets. If they are a few thou either direction they shoot fine. The Berger hybrids in my 6.5 get 2 thou off it goes to crap.
I find my max oal run in . 025 and see where I'm at then adj too the nearest drive band usually the second then crimp that way if it doesn't shoot good I have one way too go and thats towards last drive band

.050 initially but have migrated to .030
As many others have mentioned these projectiles are not fussy, they like to shoot well.

The answer is and I'm not being funny here, where ever your rifle likes to shoot them. I'd start at the lands and work backwards in 10 thou increments.

From their website:
The PDR design on the bearing surface has proven to be very consistent and forgiving for the hand loader. Seating depth adjustment for accuracy has been unnecessary, making for much less time spent creating an effective load. Load development is as easy as shooting for velocity and then confirming point of impact.

In a post on Hammer Time (link below), Steve states that he starts with the longest COAL that will function in the rifle and seat ,020" off if that COAL contacts the lands. Also states that when a rifle will not shoot 1/2 moa, he seats deeper in intervals of .015".

I like to go mag length minus .100" if I'm limited by mag restrictions. If there aren't any restrictions, I start about .050" off the lands.

I've had a few guns that needed some extra adjustments to get best groups, but I'm typically around .5 MOA without adjusting seating depth. One interesting observation I've made is that the 6.5mm bullets have been more sensitive to seating depth in my guns (3 different rifles) coverings 3 very different performance categories. The 338s have been the least sensitive.

I have tried a couple of types of hammers in my 6.5 creedmore and have not been successful in getting them to group under an inch. Velocity has be great and with no pressure signs at all with various powders and primers. Since my first hunt is less than 10 days away, I will hunt with what has worked best and resume the hammer experimentation again next year with more seating depth trials and powder recipies. So far, the only seating depths I've tried are .05 and .025.

I load them for maximum bearing surface (in the case neck) which also always fits in the magazine. Most of my Hammer loads are about .100" off. They shoot just fine with plenty of jump just like other monos.
Agreed, I load the 174's at mag length for my Tikka T3X
in 300 WM which is about .120" and they shoot 1/2" or better.