Hammer Bullets shoulder design

I ordered 3 boxes of bullets. $188.00. Cha ching. Got some 143 gr. 7mm to try and more 181 30 cal. And 124 6.5.
I was able to stabilize the 30 cal 166 gr Hunter in my 1:11 twist 300 WSM even though it suggests a 1:10.5 twist. Steve told me they should work, that's why I went with them. They shoot great. When I rebarrel, I'll go with a minimum 1:10.
Steve told me to strictly follow the twist recommendations for the most part, and a half twist difference may or may not stabilize........its in that marginal area.

You'll love the 124's in your PRC, and, I feel, you don't really give up anything compared to the 131 gr. I believe the 110 gr were designed with the Creed in mind.

I was able to stabilize the 30 cal 166 gr Hunter in my 1:11 twist 300 WSM even though it suggests a 1:10.5 twist. Steve told me they should work, that's why I went with them. They shoot great. When I rebarrel, I'll go with a minimum 1:10.
Steve told me to strictly follow the twist recommendations for the most part, and a half twist difference may or may not stabilize........its in that marginal area.

You'll love the 124's in your PRC, and, I feel, you don't really give up anything compared to the 131 gr. I believe the 110 gr were designed with the Creed in mind.
Thanks Doug !
I also ordered some 7mm 143 gr. Says 1 in 9.25 twist. Mine is either a 1 in 9 or 9.5. Should be ok. I had Steve change the .308 199 gr. To 181 gr. Like I've been shooting. The 199 Recommends 1 in 9.25. Mine is 1 in 10. Cant wait to try 6.5 124's .

The 7 mm 143's should be fine. I shoot those and the 177 gr in my 7 STW. Put a new barrel on it a little over a year ago and went to a 1:8 twist so I could shoot the 177's. The 143's were awesome in the old factory barrel that was either a 1:9.5 or 9.25 like yours. Push them fast and they'll be nothing but devastating on any game animal. There's a guy on here that loads the 143gr in his 7 RUM and he destroyed an elk at 800 yards with that bullet.
Nothing goes far that gets hit with these bullets. Doesn't matter if bone is in the way or not. Those front petals shear off into destructive shrapnel and the rest of the core keeps going through. I put a 213 gr in my 338 Lapua through both shoulders on a mountain goat. About 1.5" exit would. He didn't go 5 yards.
Hammers are my exclusive hunting bullet now. Wish I would have found them sooner.

Thanks Doug !
I also ordered some 7mm 143 gr. Says 1 in 9.25 twist. Mine is either a 1 in 9 or 9.5. Should be ok. I had Steve change the .308 199 gr. To 181 gr. Like I've been shooting. The 199 Recommends 1 in 9.25. Mine is 1 in 10. Cant wait to try 6.5 124's .
Here's what you can expect from the 6.5 124 gr. F540AF0F-0DF8-40C0-8A8F-8883B9A1F178.jpeg

for those people that don't believe that a monolithic bullet will expand well without hitting dense muscle or bone I give you this info--- this past weekend we were out at the range with my kids shooting paper and steel targets as well as fruit, gourds, and squash (gotta keep them interested) -- just for kicks, I shot a small volleyball sized watermelon with one of my hunting rounds (7 RM with a 143 HH bullet doing around 3300fps mv)-- I kinda figured I might get a "not so dramatic" watermelon wound channel due to the solid copper construction but figured Id try it out---holly cow!! that watermelon blew sky high with nothing left on the ground except red pulp, almost couldn't tell it had been there , they definitely expand-- I would have taken a picture, but there was nothing left to see.

The 7 mm 143's should be fine. I shoot those and the 177 gr in my 7 STW. Put a new barrel on it a little over a year ago and went to a 1:8 twist so I could shoot the 177's. The 143's were awesome in the old factory barrel that was either a 1:9.5 or 9.25 like yours. Push them fast and they'll be nothing but devastating on any game animal. There's a guy on here that loads the 143gr in his 7 RUM and he destroyed an elk at 800 yards with that bullet.
Nothing goes far that gets hit with these bullets. Doesn't matter if bone is in the way or not. Those front petals shear off into destructive shrapnel and the rest of the core keeps going through. I put a 213 gr in my 338 Lapua through both shoulders on a mountain goat. About 1.5" exit would. He didn't go 5 yards.
Hammers are my exclusive hunting bullet now. Wish I would have found them sooner.
That's awesome ! I'll be using them in 7mm rem mag.. I know Barnes were bone crushers on elk. I think these will be even better . And hopefully more accurate too. I checked my 7mm is 1 in 9.5.. Should be good to go. Going to try the 181 30 cal on buck deer this year. 6.5 124 on doe lope and deer . No elk tags.

That's awesome ! I'll be using them in 7mm rem mag.. I know Barnes were bone crushers on elk. I think these will be even better . And hopefully more accurate too. I checked my 7mm is 1 in 9.5.. Should be good to go. Going to try the 181 30 cal on buck deer this year. 6.5 124 on doe lope and deer . No elk tags.

I didn't draw much this year. Only have a NM buck antelope tag. The 6.5 or the 7 will go on this hunt. I'm so tired of not drawing elk or mule deer tags in multiple states!! Ugh!! I've got a lot of guns that need to be let out of the safe so they can eat!!

for those people that don't believe that a monolithic bullet will expand well without hitting dense muscle or bone I give you this info--- this past weekend we were out at the range with my kids shooting paper and steel targets as well as fruit, gourds, and squash (gotta keep them interested) -- just for kicks, I shot a small volleyball sized watermelon with one of my hunting rounds (7 RM with a 143 HH bullet doing around 3300fps mv)-- I kinda figured I might get a "not so dramatic" watermelon wound channel due to the solid copper construction but figured Id try it out---holly cow!! that watermelon blew sky high with nothing left on the ground except red pulp, almost couldn't tell it had been there , they definitely expand-- I would have taken a picture, but there was nothing left to see.
Not surprised at what it did to that watermelon. Would have been fun to see in slow motion.

I didn't draw much this year. Only have a NM buck antelope tag. The 6.5 or the 7 will go on this hunt. I'm so tired of not drawing elk or mule deer tags in multiple states!! Ugh!! I've got a lot of guns that need to be let out of the safe so they can eat!!
Are you collecting points in the states ? I just burned my Wy. Deer points .
Let them out so they can eat. LMAO !

Are you collecting points in the states ? I just burned my Wy. Deer points .
Let them out so they can eat. LMAO !
Yes, I'm collecting preference points. I was just real lucky for a few years and drew tags in WY with 1 or 2 points, so I only have 3-4 points saved up now. I wish they'd let the land owners sell guaranteed tags because I hunt with an outfitter on large areas of private land in some tough to draw units. Not sure why WY doesn't do this.......this miss out on a lot of money

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.