Hammer bullets barrel life

You're joking right? 600 animals at a time hunting? To kill that many animals in a day you would have to have them in a pen even then that's a ridiculous amount. The logistics of actually doing that, carrying ammunition, shooting, moving, carrying other gear, etc. I've been out with teams of guys to wipe out hogs and we would kill well over a hundred in a day with 16-18 shooters going after big groups. They were destroying farmers crops and would pile in the field in groups of 30-80 and we would unload with a fire team doing a mad minute. Either you're joking or he's telling a big fish story.
Gday people
I've read this thread & posted my response to it overall but this particular one needs clarification & attention
Although I note it will fall on deaf ears with the ones who seem to have a agenda base

Ok I'll get called bias no doubt by them so whatever floats their boat but once again everyone's entitled to make their own mind up . just filter through the crap is the hard part & this is especially true for the guys & girls new to the sport or seasoned hunters if they shoot a different pill & looking for a better mousetrap as the keyboard warriors take centre stage on a lot of occasions & criticise the knowledgeable ones & eventually it's hands in the air & give up

What ButterBean has posted on dollars & animals is 100% correct & here I am yes defending a mate not for any other reason than the truth & wish I wasn't here , i for one was asked to come on here some time back & not by anyone you may think which I kept declining & then bean asked , told him to stick it ( Steve never asked ) a young fella from Aussie rang me & told me a bit of what's been going on some time back
& yet still going today so I needed to put my hand forward & explain a little ( my first thread was shut down because I broke the rules so I take that on the chin & I won't do that again)

There is copying / pasting & agenda base people come in look good as trying to help then later the penny drops oh are they here for that , ok I assume this & not all individual are like that as many a genuine person here

From my position I didn't care if bean posted my pictures ( yes I gave consent ) & no agenda base just excited of what hammers have achieved above every other pill I've used & im absolutely hopeless @ this technical stuff ( I have only just got to this smart phone world around 2019 & a mobile roughly 5 years prior to that & it's been so frustrating for me even recently emails weren't getting through yes I'm a total muppet but I try )

So the questions relating to $ & numbers of animals in relation to bean keep coming up & answered

I'm sick of this coming up just like the beanmore rifle he received as a joke yet he's been bought by Steve , it has been explained so many times yet still comes up

so here we are again in this thread some considerable time later
Yep I will get a bit irate as I've had enough of people questioning his integrity
So here's a bit of wan- factor & go shove this up your jumpers of the ones who it applies to

Yes no doubt out of our group I've taken the vast majority of animals & what I CAN shoot in a week most people can't shoot in a lifetime yes a lifetime & what I use to shoot in a year I guarantee would blow peoples mind ( I still value everyone's results & not trying to put a person who shoots a deer a year down you guys I like & I really like to see that smile on your face ) & if you want I'll show a few pics of yesteryear to show im not messing around & I've got plenty of hammer kills but these are minuscule to my total numbers but ButterBean is not exaggerating & actually conservative

For reference one of my best memories Was around 30 goats in around 5 min shooting
Yes work that out 1 goat about every 10 seconds ( I'll get actual numbers if needed but no stopwatch was used ) all out of a 300win mag shooting 181 gr hmantel from 30 to just over 400 yard
Then carried on finding another mob once gathered these up for processing later noting the ones that took longer to expire than bangflop yes everything was recorded in a little old notebook for reference

Numerous donkey / horses / deer / roo / pig / buffalo / springbok/ blesbok etc etc etc culls & notes taken to the best of my ability ( I used a sliding scale to put numbers in that just had to be ticked off for ea animal )

days / nights 100 to 300 critters was the normal
My personal best over 600 critters in just under 12 hrs & this wasn't out of a chopper as I've done that also & you can rack some numbers up that way also

My biggest position I've always watched is the moment of impact to tipping on non cns shots & by far hammers have excelled in this field being number one hands down it's not just this that I work on as autopsies are also carried out just not all as it's impossible on the shear number of animals so I'm bias in saying yes I have a pretty good idea of what kills more efficiently than a fair few people ( still not trying to put down the majority of people just backing up butterbeans integrity with facts ) yet I'm not a guru just a dumb farmer these days as no second / third job doing what I use to do but I still probably shoot more in a week than most do in a long long time if ever ( I'm actually happier letting others do it these days )

This information has been relayed to bean & others on my thoughts ( yes only thoughts I get that part as remember I'm no guru or pretend to know everything but I'd say the fur calculator is pretty accurate as it dosent lie which is impact to tipping in yards ) yes I've relayed this info to Steve also
I'm not saying other pills don't work as most do well ( in a certain range ) but nothings as consistent or versatile as hammers & this ultimately is all bean has been doing with my data & others , yes he's parroted the animal data but he's been open on that where others have done the opposite

Now I could have taken what I know to the next level & personally got in the gutter with certain individuals but I just let them know in a subtle way these days
this has probably put a target on me because a leopard dosent change its spots as that's the way a certain individual works but I don't care what they throw @ me as what I put up are facts but don't bring my mates / family into this & call them a liar or agenda based , in Steve's pocket etc , that crap dosent need airtime as new people to the sport start questioning & we should be together not against ea other

There are some real sick puppies on this forum so go puff your chest out & think your important with snide remarks or bait others but ultimately you are scum & I don't even agree with the way bean comes back @ some people , I've also been guilty let's make that clear but he is a incredible individual that I'm proud to call a mate & is a wealth of information & always willing to help

So in the future we will see if it comes up again 🤔
Just let me no if I should start posting pictures or is my word enough 🤷‍♂️You decide

To all you nice people I'm sorry for the rant please accept my apology if I stepped over the line but please rest assured bean is here to help not hinder or give false information & he also has some room for improvement like we all do & learning new things ea day
best wishes
Cheers Fordy
Not calling him out at all, just referencing where I saw the claims is all.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I do know several people in Australia that cull animals and they assure me it's possible, but extremely uncommon, and you're right that the logistics alone is crazy to think about. One of the guys I know would get close numbers to that culling kangaroos.

With any long range hunting setup you should be training with it. Not only for training but also for truing and verifying your ballistics. Everyone has to choose what works for them and how they shoot and at what distances. If you're only shooting short range you can minimize rounds. For long range however I shoot my dedicated hunting rigs every couple weeks. Generally minimum in the off season I'll shoot at least 500 rounds per hunting rifle. This ensures that everything is working perfect and I know my equipment. When the time comes to squeeze the trigger on a animal I'm 100 precent confident in the shot.
Spot on post - it is all about the wind, and I personally don't practice LR with anything I am not going to hunt with. I would make a few exceptions: 220 ELDX bullets shoot the same as 225 ELDMs in my experience. Same is probably true for 180 BTs vs 180 ABs. But the notion shooting a .223 is better for wind practice because it is more sensitive is not the best way to train IMO.

You misunderstood the comment. The span of his kills is over time, not one day.
Here's a screenshot of the comment claiming 600 kills from the ground in less than 12 hours.

Attachments

• D2DDC65D-BE8D-47C3-923E-3421EE1988A2.jpeg
    D2DDC65D-BE8D-47C3-923E-3421EE1988A2.jpeg
    415.4 KB · Views: 183
Not calling him out at all, just referencing where I saw the claims is all.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I do know several people in Australia that cull animals and they assure me it's possible, but extremely uncommon, and you're right that the logistics alone is crazy to think about. One of the guys I know would get close numbers to that culling kangaroos.
You aren't but I definitely am I hear stuff like this all the time. I get hunters make stories sound better big fish stories etc. But there's a difference between that and being ridiculous. 600 animals in less than 12 hours the physical toll alone would wipe most people out. Loading, shooting, moving, getting setup, etc. I invite anyone to go kill 50-100 animals and see if you want or can continue.

I'm not calling Fordy out. He's great for the LRH community testing and sharing. Wrapping my head around it is my problem, lol. Living in the desert SW, we have feral animals, but not even near those quantities. It must be bad where he lives and no effort spared to shoot many ill placed animals where they shouldn't be at all.
Our problem here is burros and mustangs and other breeds of horses.

So let's hear from Fordy instead of making speculative unsubstantiated comments.

I have been to Down Under many times and it is a different landscape and if you have never been there, it is certainly major thought change. I spoke to kangeroo cullers when I was there many times that killed 300+ easily in one night. They have the resources and have different mindset. Heck, buffalo hunters in the old West killed 50-100 1500-2000 lb animals a day with single shot Sharps. So where there is a will there is always a way.

I know Fordy will have data, that is what he does.

So let's hear from Fordy instead of making speculative unsubstantiated comments.

I have been to Down Under many times and it is a different landscape and if you have never been there, it is certainly major thought change. I spoke to kangeroo cullers when I was there many times that killed 300+ easily in one night. They have the resources and have different mindset. Heck, buffalo hunters in the old West killed 50-100 1500-2000 lb animals a day with single shot Sharps. So where there is a will there is always a way.

I know Fordy will have data, that is what he does.
Getting the permits to legally shoot that many animals in one day I've heard is not feasible, or maybe not even possible. Professional cullers I know and have talked to in Australia say it's far-fetched and not legal for a number like 600 on one day. Again, I am 100% not trying to call him out (even though I'm aware it seems like it) as I know I'm not an authority on the matter and so far I have no reason to not trust him. I'll assume there's more to the story. I'm only discussing it now because it's been questioned and I'm offering what I know based on what I've discussed with friends in Australia. One of them used to kill 800 kangaroos a year on average plus 1000 emus a year on average, not to mention lots of other animals. I've known some of these guys way longer than I've known of Fordy and it's one reason why his numbers stood out to me.

And I still say Fordy would be a good person to ask regarding barrel wear with all the Hammers and other bullets he's shot.

Many years ago, before knowing Fordy. I used to look at an Australian cull hunt (mostly horses).
Suggestion from outfitter. 1) Don't bring your own rifle. 2) If you do don't bring a magnum. 3) Bring enough ammo. As a guide for how much ammo you need, we use the cheapest ammo we can find (.308, and .30-06). Each morning we drive out with a shooter on each side of the truck, a can of ammo for each, then refill when we break for lunch. No attempt to retrieve animals. If I recall they did some pig shooting over the carcasses.

Market shooting and cull hunting are different than recreational. Market hunting often comes down to a bit of a team event.

Block the traffic, and have someone drive you through Yellowstone, and the question if you don't stop how many buffalo could you kill in a day?