Hammer bullets barrel life

Hmm, the reason I was following this thread was for a specific reason not just hammers which is on my list of have to try bullets. As for as the monolithic and copper jacketed bullets is it wear or is it copper fouling that is the most problematic issue on your barrel accuracy, barrel life? Most folks here shoot a lot more than I do, it is always good to get an opinion. Albeit everything I use is copper jacketed or mono bullet. I am of the opinion that both bullet types will wear a barrel similar fashion. The reason for my question is having taken days to clean a heavily copper fouled barrel, which brought accuracy back to acceptable, I was just looking for a rough rule of when I should budget for a rebarrel of a rifle. Three magnums rifles loaded hot, 4 non magnum rifles. Thanks, James
Hammers will show little to no copper fouling.

There has been quite a bit of communication, pictures, videos, phone calls, and messaging. It hasn't necessarily appeared here, as others have commented its not always the most open place for discussion.

Additionally, some keep such things to themselves or small circle to not become an internet spectacle. This tends to happen with species such as giraffe, and lion.

Can you imagine if BLM decided to arm helicopters to deal with horses?

As to the original question I doubt Hammers will give you more rounds per barrel. I'm on the side of replacing barrels isn't a big deal.
Good to see your post. I know you backed off a bit. Have missed you. 😉

Gday JB

Agree thanks for the conversations I look forward to many more
Cheers sir

Thanks. We're an aging group, and like so many here health has reduced participation. Mostly old stories, and trying not to be too growly about new stuff. LOL!
I understand but "come on man !" We like your input and stories. 👍🏼🇺🇸

Hmm, the reason I was following this thread was for a specific reason not just hammers which is on my list of have to try bullets. As for as the monolithic and copper jacketed bullets is it wear or is it copper fouling that is the most problematic issue on your barrel accuracy, barrel life? Most folks here shoot a lot more than I do, it is always good to get an opinion. Albeit everything I use is copper jacketed or mono bullet. I am of the opinion that both bullet types will wear a barrel similar fashion. The reason for my question is having taken days to clean a heavily copper fouled barrel, which brought accuracy back to acceptable, I was just looking for a rough rule of when I should budget for a rebarrel of a rifle. Three magnums rifles loaded hot, 4 non magnum rifles. Thanks, James
They don't wear or foul as bad or quickly as conventional bullets of the same size, in fact the grooves you see on many mono's will significantly reduce fouling, lower pressures, and increase velocity.

Gday
I understand but "come on man !" We like your input and stories. 👍🏼🇺🇸
Don't let up on Carl & if the stars align he will have plenty to relay back to you guys come July 2023

It's all sorted here carl & Alex is ready for the chat oh & I'll tie a few more up for you lol

For those who are wondering what this has to do with barrel life & hammers really not a lot but carl is truely a great person that has helped me personally with advice & one I really hope he can get down under next year

So wyo300rum keep onto him & then he will have plenty of stories & memories for us all

Cheers