H-S Thumhole Stock fit.

sure shot

Does any one know if this stock http://www.hsprecision.com/pss31.htm would be a drop in fit with no other mods for a Rem 700LA LSS. Looks like it should work also does any one know how much this stock weighs? They dont list it on the site. I sure like the green & tan camo paint job.

TommyB,
I have the standard type stock in a hs precision in desert camo .When i inquired about them i was told on another board "there's no such thing as a drop in stock">>>>>>>well my barreled action /trigger guard dropped in so nicely the only thing i could have asked for would be that it come bedded.LOL.I love mine and consider it a very fine stock.
I wanted the thumbhole but they only come in long action.I have full intentions of restocking my 25-06 with the tan color thumbhole soonish.I'll stick with a standard color this time,on my 22-250 i had it painted 3 color desert camo,looks good just a little too dark and pricey.
I looked in my folder at my invoice >>no weight details.But they are very light,i'm sure that everything is the same between the to stocks except the thumbhole.Get it you won't be sorry...Mike

Thanks for the heads up Mike. I dont think its going to be a problem I think I'm going to order it today.

I believe it's 65-"inch pounds"HS doesn't recommend bedding them -i'm going to.
I saw where Fiftydriver had a sequence on here somewhere on torqueing rem 700's for accuracy.Good luck i'm hitting the hay>>ME

you mean like this one..
imm006.jpg

Ive been using this stock for years, its on about its 4th repaint. it is superb for deliberate shooting,, maybe a bit awkward for close up quick stuff though..
Its stook up to plenty of abuse,,
its bedded with Devcon as well as the HS V Block (which id recomend)
great stock,, unfortunately only available LA and not with a fat barrel.
regards Pete

I've checked out the Boyd's stocks that many board members speak highly of,the order will be leaving in the morning.Only $175 delivered.

It will be for my sporterweight rem. 25-06 bdl.Looks like a good alternative to the HS Precision,for less than half the price.>>>>>>>>ME

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.