H&S stock came today

Magnus

My tactical PST26 for my Rem 7mm came in the mail today after 14 weeks of wait. Every time I called to check on the status of my stock they always told me right then or they called me back when they got the ansewer that day. So in my book they do have very good customer service and being my first custom stock it feels really well. Palm swell is very nice and should be a good comfortable stock at the bench. I hated the wait but I really like the stock, and being military they gave me a very good deal. BIG PLUS in my book! My next stock will be a H&S!

That's quick compared to McMillan dilevery time. McMillan told me it would take 12 weeks to complete my stock. I am on week 18, and I am hearing from others on this board that it took up to 20 to 22 weeks for the same stock that I orderd. If you're interested in what I ordered, I went for the A-5 with Adj LOP, Thumbwheel Cheek piece, etc. I orderd my barrel, Krieger, my action, Nesika on the same day I orderd my stock. Krieger told me it would take about 12 weeks for delivery, I still have not received it, however, they called me to inform me as to why it was taking longer, and they called my the other day to let me know that it had been mailed out. Even though the barrel was not sent in the time frame they told me, at least they kept me informed, were very nice to me and apologetic about the wait. Nesika, informed me it would take them between 14 to 16 weeks to complete my model K action, I received it in 15 weeks. There customer service was awesome. Sorry for all the rambeling, I have heard good things about H&S stocks. I think the next time I build a rifle, I will go with an H&S stock.

Wildcat

I really like this stock. The swelled palm fits very well in you hand and the wide forearm sits very nice on my rest. The fit of my action and barrel is perfect, the only thing is this stock is cut to takes a big barrel, I have a Shilen 28" #7 Standard Varmint barrel 7lbs+ and fits very good. Ive never owned a McMillian but between the wait,price,and customer service I went else where. H&S Precision guys are very helpfull and seem to care about the single purchase guy. Comparing this stock to a Sendro or Accumark stock I would take this one any day! I am very satisfied and would recommend them to anyone, Place your order today and wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I ordered mine straight from H&S I think I got mine for less than that but Im in the military, and its an awesome gun, shooting 168vdl at 3000fps with 63.8gr H4831 7mm Rem Mag! Ive never had a gun shoot like this one does, the most accuarte gun Ive ever owned and my first custom also. I loaded my first 50 rounds, 10x5 shot groups with with H4831. started with 62gr and went up to 64.7 every 5 shot group I shot went under .5" at 100yards and 63.8gr shooting 1 ragged hole. I was wanting to get 3000fps and my load shoots that. Farthest Ive shot this gun was 300 yards yesterday. My 51st through 55th shell though this gun, went .75" at 300 yards. Man this thing is a tact driver, I guess my gunsmith knew what he was doing, Im very impressed to say the least, I will NEVER own another factory gun... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.