H-S precision bottom metal question.

montanablackdog

I need to order H-S precision bottom metal the Gen 2 detachable 700 LA for 7SAUM. My question is will the 30-06 version work and if not what will. This is going on a manners stock.

I don't use much of anything from H-S anymore so when I think I need a product and their description is lacking in detail, I send them an email asking the questions I need resolved. Their response time has been quick with reasonable detail answering my questions.

The trigger guard portion will work but the magazine 30-06 feed lips may not have enough adjustment for the saum case without some more modification than just bending the lips up evenly. A 300 Ultra magazine box will work in the long action trigger guard . Done it numerous times.

I see the OP is over a month old but I'll throw this out there in case the question is unresolved. I'm the rifle shop supervisor at H-S Precision. For cartridges under 2.826" use magazine #7313(feed lip gaps .485"front and .490" rear), for cartridges over 2.826" use magazine #7289(feed lip gaps .460" front and .460" rear).