H-S handgun how are they ? Pro-Series 2000 VP (Varmint Pistol)

bigrich954rr

thinking about buy one what the strong points and the weak ones of this design? Would the Pro-Series 2000 VP (Varmint Pistol) barrel be thick enough to thread a break on. hows the trigger? What round to get will be for deer and maybe elk thinking 308 or 243 if the 308 wouldnt been enough for elk. how the recoil?

see my post back to you in SP. the 308 would work well on elk, the 243 a little lite. you can get any of teh WSM's as well now. I also have a 284 win and would not hesitate to use it for elk. the con is it takes forever to get one, HS has alot of govt. contracts and small orders tend to be pushed back. I have not been dissapointed with any of my HS's and they are all super shooters. either style varm or sill can have a brake put on them I will try to post a pic of my 284 in a sill model with a vais brake [image][/image]
nmhunter

I have one in 6mmBR and I really like it. They are well made and extrememly accurate.
If it were me, I'd go for one in a short mag, probably the 300 or 325WSM. I have a custom .338WSM in a xp100 and get .338-06 velocities from my 15 inch tube.
Don't worry about recoil, I use a Holland QD brake, but any baffle style brake will work great. Short barrel equals short dwell time, if you can handle a big bore revolver you will be surprised how less these bolt guns kick when set up with a baffle style brake. The other style brakes work too, I just feel the baffle style are the most effective.
Good Luck

Doug, I think it's about time that 6 BR had a new home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif IT's got to be awfully lonley sitting amongst them XP's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I just happen to know where there is a spot waiting for it
nmhunter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.