Gunwerks new bipod - Elevate

Feature wise it seems similar to the MTNGear bipods, with the lower leg system being a bit more innovative at double the weight. I bought one of the MTNGear ones thinking it would be the perfect match for my Manners Pro Hunter but it wouldn't slide onto the end of the rail because manners designed theirs with a fat end for some reason which is beyond me. The fact that this one can clamp to me is a big plus.

I got 1k of the 30-180 Solid Base first which were over runs in 2004-2005. These had a reputation of being close to one of the best "controlled" expansion bullets. Almost perfect mushrooms! I've debated putting them on GB to free up cash for a rifle or optics.

Pre ordered one a month and a half ago

MTNGear bipods, with the lower leg system being a bit

I doubt I will try one. I have tried all the "newest greatest and best" and continue to go back to my 6-9 Harris. I have still have 2 Atlas but use them very seldom.
Sometimes tried and true is better than the new latest and greatest. I have a Harris like yours but decided to try this one as I drew a goat permit here in MT. For some angles I am practicing on I need more height. I hope it lives up to the hype.

It may be quality…..it may be light….but, it darn sure isn't tall! The same complaint that I have with the majority of bipods…..lack of height! Speaking as a hunter of game animals and not steel…. I don't hunt on "groomed pastures" and 19" doesn't clear many grasses or small bushes! memtb
You need a tripod!

Being curious here…for the sake of discussion for the hunters that need extra height to get above the grass level would "shooting sticks" be a viable option?
My experience is shooting sticks don't provide enough stability for those long shots, however better than free handing. As mentioned, a tripod with a lockable attachment is probably the best for those shots that require a standing position, but that is more weight to carry around. There are no freebies.

Last edited:
Being curious here…for the sake of discussion for the hunters that need extra height to get above the grass level would "shooting sticks" be a viable option?

My home made sticks are made from 1/2 " fiberglass poles with the fibers running in a linear direction which eliminates the "fiberglass fuzz" that you get with typical fiberglass poles/rods! I think that the fibers in a linear direction also makes the poles much stiffer, which helps them become a pretty good walking stick…..a win-win!

The poles are 48" in overall length, I tied them together at about the 42" mark…..42" will get you over a lot of small brush and grasses!

Though as Rick mentioned, they are not as stable as some other long range shooting platforms…..but they will get me to my self-imposed range limit on big game! As he said, "there are no freebies"…..I guess that everything is a bit of a compromise! memtb

My home made sticks are made from 1/2 " fiberglass poles with the fibers running in a linear direction which eliminates the "fiberglass fuzz" that you get with typical fiberglass poles/rods! I think that the fibers in a linear direction also makes the poles much stiffer, which helps them become a pretty good walking stick…..a win-win!

The poles are 48" in overall length, I tied them together at about the 42" mark…..42" will get you over a lot of small brush and grasses!

Though as Rick mentioned, they are not as stable as some other long range shooting platforms…..but they will get me to my self-imposed range limit on big game! As he said, "there are no freebies"…..I guess that everything is a bit of a compromise! memtb
I do use hiking poles with the Wiser adapter. It does work fairly well for the seated or kneeling position. Better than nothing.

Looks like some good features. I'd try one but I've set all my rifles up for arca only. Not going to switch out all my rails just so I can move this between rifles. Maybe they will eventually offer arca locks with the same mechanism.
You could purchase a small ARCA/Picatinny adapter. I know Wiser Mounts sell an adapter for their Magnetospeed mount so it can be attached to both ARCA and Picatinny rails. I love spending other people's money.

Recent Posts