Gun shop find

I think things are getting so bad that the local crack dealers might end up selling powder and primer on the side to make some spare change. This has gotten ridiculous and methinks there might be some nefarious government actions/actors at work.

I think things are getting so bad that the local crack dealers might end up selling powder and primer on the side to make some spare change. This has gotten ridiculous and methinks there might be some nefarious government actions/actors at work.
Once the wholesalers get a hold on it, which they are buying alot more, faster than dealers/retailers are, and the manufactures tend to cater to them, because the dealers/retailers NEVER have it in stock. Make sense? The Gun Brokers sellers somehow get thier hands on it from the wholesalers, before retailers do !!

Alliant powder are confusing
  • Consistent maximum velocity in extreme weather conditions (RL 17) is not temp stable, they say.
  • World-class stability across temperature extremes (RL 16) is temp stable.

You use these in ??? Have two boxes and was thinking of using them in my 6.5 C or 6.5 PRC,,, and thoughts on that, love to know if people use them in those , or have any load info is they do.
I use them in 28 Nosler and 300 WM, I would give them a try if its all you have. Back off on the powder and work up in case pressure increases but I don't think you'll see an issue.

I wasn't really ever a hoarder of powder and primers. But I discovered years ago that I hated switching lots of powder/primers/bullets/brass once I have a good load. So I started buying powder by the 8lb, primers by the brick, and bullets by 500 increments before the **** hit the fan and we all started hoarding.......

Now I am sitting pretty good with most my guns. I mostly hunt, so once a load is dialed in, I am set. Anyhow, not gloating on purpose anyhow.... I've been preaching for years that reloading is an expensive hobby and not a way to save money if you just want to put meat on the table. So I've said many times before things got tight: Buy 8lbs. You will like knowing you have plenty.

I also have a temp controlled (basement) locker, not airtight, but outfitted with 10lbs of desiccant (2x5) that I rotate through my oven. I hope my powder is fresh and dry whenever its called upon to perform....

I made a discovery the other day…the local small town Co-op agro center has sold guns for awhile. But now they got reloading surprise. No great deals to be had but not insane prices either, certainly nowhere close
To what idiots are paying on auction sites. Not much selection either, the powder they had was already mostly gone when I stumbled upon this but I did snag 2 pounds of superformance and 1 pound of leverevolution (don't tell anyone…but leverevolution is very close to 4064, varget, h380, cfe223, win 748, etc on burn rate charts..,but nobody buys it, that's the difference! 😁. Good for me…) alon with 300 cci large rifle primers