Gun broker

No it isn't I'm setting it up for the Berger 195 Gr. 7MM (28 Nosler) and if you crunch the numbers for a bullet that Dia. and Length and Weight you will see that a 7 twist has
almost 2X's the stability as an 8 twist? All per Brian L.
I know what I want ..28".. 5R.. MTU taper.. stainless..Must be single tooth cut! No button or broached for this rig! A5 stock..Bix n Andy ..Deviant Tactical action.. 419 Break.. I have my shopping list all made out! And it's going to rock!

No it isn't I'm setting it up for the Berger 195 Gr. 7MM (28 Nosler) and if you crunch the numbers for a bullet that Dia. and Length and Weight you will see that a 7 twist has
almost 2X's the stability as an 8 twist? All per Brian L.
I know what I want ..28".. 5R.. MTU taper.. stainless..Must be single tooth cut! No button or broached for this rig! A5 stock..Bix n Andy ..Deviant Tactical action.. 419 Break.. I have my shopping list all made out! And it's going to rock!
Ahh. Just two years back a 9 twist would stabilize anything on the market.

Personally I think if you want to shoot anything over 180gr you're best off moving up to a 300wm or Rum because you are giving up so much velocity.

If you want to shoot the 195's the only way you're going to be able to do it is with a custom barrel for probably several years. The big named manufacturers simply do not cater to the LR crowd and can't keep up with the trend towards heavier and heavier heavy for caliber bullets.

I've got one coming..Go to Krieger Barrels and look at Build a Custom Krieger
You can get about any barrel you want? These are just old guy toys
I have a 300 WM. 6.5 X 284 7MM Rem Mag. 30-06..25-06..I really don't need another rifle just to stick in The Black Hole..
what my wife calls my safe Guns go in and are never seen again!
Then she has to deal with it when I'm gone!

I've got one coming..Go to Krieger Barrels and look at Build a Custom Krieger
You can get about any barrel you want? These are just old guy toys
I have a 300 WM. 6.5 X 284 7MM Rem Mag. 30-06..25-06..I really don't need another rifle just to stick in The Black Hole..
what my wife calls my safe Guns go in and are never seen again!
Then she has to deal with it when I'm gone!
I said that about 16 rifles ago. Fortunately I have my wife convinced they multiply late at night when nobody is watching.

Well i ended up getting a kimber84 in .280 ackley improved now im trying to find an aftermarket stock that i guess noone makes.

Lol yea its mostly the front end of the stock its like rounded and shorter. But noone makes for kimber that i can find besides boyds and idk what action the kimber hunter was based off of.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.