?Guided Hunts in New Mexico for Muley's and Pronghorn???

lerch

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
?Guided Hunts in New Mexico for Muley\'s and Pronghorn???

me and BJ are looking for guide services in New Mexico or maybe Colorado. We are wanting to hunt mule deer and possibly antelope if the price is right. The guide must be okay with us wanting to take long shots obviously. I am just wanting to see if any of you guys have had previous experince in this area and if you can give me any recommedations.

For those of you that remember my Canada trip you know I am not wanting a repeat of that crap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This would be a fall of 06 hunt so hopefully we still have time to book something

thanks for everybodys help

steve

Re: ?Guided Hunts in New Mexico for Muley\'s and Pronghorn???

Well, I am kind of new (lurking for a while) to this board, but might have something for you.
My family ranches here in NM and I guide a couple of hunters each year. Drop me an e-mail and we may be able to work something out for an August or September Antelope hunt. Maybe even something for mulies also. And no I don't dislike long range.
E-mail [email protected]

lerch, If you can plan ahead, start applying for muley prefference points in Colorado. I'm starting fresh again this year. In 4 or 5 years you should draw for an early high country hunt. Season runs the second week of Sept. Hunting is high so altitude can be a problem for some, 10,500 to 12,500ft. Last year I seen ten bucks the first day. Definatly three shooters. ( not in range for my factory Wetherby sbgm in 280.) Definatly reachable with the AM. If you need some pointers on units to draw for or areas to hunt I could help. Good thing about CO mulies, they are growing big and old. Had I not been picky, filling the tag would have been a cinch.

Lerch you might want to look at do it yourself hunts in Montana and wyoming for the antelope and mule deer! there is a ton of places to hunt and some very nice animals to be taken. It takes a little home work but all can be done on the puter! and for the money you will save you can add another gun to the stable! Just some food for thought! I am hunting next fall in Montana for antelope and muleys ( if i get drawn) on ranch land open to the public. 5 of my clients hunted there and they all took great deer this year. they both are draw states remember so check the draw stats!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.