New Mexico Oryx Hunt Guided Hunt Wanted

LDHunter

I didn't know what section to put this post in so I posted it here.

I have a friend that is a lifelong hunter and he's taken several elk with a bow and he mentioned an Oryx rifle hunt (next year) as one of his interests.

I'm looking for information on outfitters/guides that some of you might know about.

We both have rifles capable of up to 1000yd shots at big game and want a challenge. We don't care if we end up with shots less than 300yds so it's not imperative at all that it's a long range hunt only.

We also don't care if it's a public or private land hunt but really don't want to try a do it yourself hunt on public land.

Ideas? Observations? Experiences?

All oryx tags are a draw and hard to draw. There are private land tags but they are spendy and there is only one or two ranches that have enough oryx to be a good hunt. Most of the land surrounding the range is public.

If you draw a main range oryx on WSMR you don't need an outfitter. They are plentiful and not hard to find.

Off range on public land will be your best chance to draw but I would recommend an outfitter for these since coming from out of state you won't have enough time to scout. PM me if you want outfitter info

Tierra Encantada Outfitters and Guides of San Antonio, NM
Jude Gabladon is the guide.
Oryx hunt on Ted Turner's 354,643 acre Armendariz Ranch in southern New Mexico

Due to some logistics problems with my hunting partner we ended up not applying for draws last year but this year we intend to draw for an Oryx hunt next year (2019-2020 season). Does anyone have any suggestions for a hunt? Our preferences for the type of hunt haven't changed.

Due to some logistics problems with my hunting partner we ended up not applying for draws last year but this year we intend to draw for an Oryx hunt next year (2019-2020 season). Does anyone have any suggestions for a hunt? Our preferences for the type of hunt haven't changed.

Let me make a call tomorrow , I know someone who is really good at oryx hunting and see if he would offer it. His main thing is elk and deer.

The most difficult part of an oryx hunt is drawing the tag. Been trying for years. You up your odds a little by going thru the outfitter draw. If I remember right your odds increase from about 1% to about 3%.

Yep.... I found that out but they want several thousand more for the hunt at that point and it will total over $12,000 if I'm understanding what they're saying. I'm not sure I think that price is worth it to me.
Consider this, you'll spend the same on a good guided hunt for mule deer or elk on private land if not a good deal more.

It's certainly cheaper than a trip to Africa when you figure all the expenses in.

If you have it, it's just a matter of how, when, and where you'll spend it anyhow.

I've spent a lot of time in that part of NM and from one trip to the next I can't wait to get back. Beautiful country, game, and the best people you'll ever meet.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.