Ground hog euro mounts

Haven't seen many people keep their ground hog skulls so here are a few of mine. Anyone else have some cool skulls?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 123
That is awesome!!! My buddy shot a 14 pound (yes we weighed him) rock chuck with his bow and we tried to european mount his skull but some bird must have pecked at the skull and broke some of it up before we could boil him. Those are some sweet heads!

I found it almost impossible to do one naturally in the winter. But in the summer I just put the heads in a black bucket about half full of water for a couple weeks and everything just falls off. The little red one came apart and was very loose, had to glue it back together. The blue one was a little loose and the big white one was solid, all depends on their size. The red and blue ones were dyed with egg dye in a coffee cup.

If you look at the amount of bone on the white one, you can tell that it must have been an older animal. There is a lot more bone mass to it than on the other two. Great looking skulls by the way, and you have given me a new idea to toy around with... easter egg die.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.