Grendel strykes again

Mike
The Grendel fills my antelope tags and loves prairie dogs. Hammers might be the answer for other critters but the price and getrdone of the ELDs has me sticking with them for antelope.......I had some GS 100s from the sweede but just like the sweede the Grendels dont like to group them good enough to take hunting.
Would give the hammers a try but the heavier elds in the 6.5Sweede and 30-06 work great for deer and partitions are my goto elk bullets
Who am I kidding? I have no idea what I'm going to use next year, it changes with the wind and has just as much reason🤔
I can tell you don't sell the hammers short. I was running the eld's in Michigan me and almost gave up hunting with the Grendel. I cull a lot of deer every year and take tons of pigs. I can say after last year in Texas testing side by side the 99 hammers and the eld on a pile of Audad, pigs and deer. The eld will only see my rifle for paper and steel.
I can say the eld does shoot amazing but the bullet performance is just not what I deem ok. Yes it work a good part of the time but after recovering several bullets for animals that had no exit and very weak blood trials I can say without a doubt the hammers are far and a way better. Now I think the 100gr eld may have a far better chance as it carries more speed than the 123 which would help.

Nice lope. I shoot 123 gr sst behind 8208. It's not fast but scary accurate. Around 2450 with an 18".

Snox
Your eld review mirrors mine, the 100 definatly shoots flatter and carries more velocity......inside 500 yards. Your going to want the 123s for over 600 yard paper and steel as I personally limit the Grendel to inside 500 on antelope.
What allows the eld to work for me is broaside shots on antelope! They aint tuff

Correct I also would use a 123 eld past 600 for targets it just super accurate and good bc.
But as my hunting round I limit myself me to 400 maybe 5 if everything is perfect after that I don't trust the bullet to do what it needs of it hits shoulder socket. But I'll n lope I sure would not worry.

That's the same speed I got out of xbr and 123 eld and it to was crazy accurate. Xbr is something else in these
I wish 8208XBR wasn't vaporware as it's has been for a long time now.

It provides good velocities with lighter bullets in the Grendel.

ARComp is another good powder in the Grendel. I get just under 2600 with 123ELDM in my 20" barrel.

I must brag I have a huge stock of it. Just doesn't work for my 97 hammers perfect for 99 hammers but boy I get the same groups with the 97 and rl10 hard to beat 3k with a 97 no matter what other bullet you choose