Greetings from western ny

Paul Heppner

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I hunt, fish, and trap. I hunt with hand guns, rifles, shotguns, and archery gear, both traditional and compound. I'm almost 68 and no longer climb trees. If I can't do it standing on the ground or in my boat it's not getting done. My favorite fishing is for smallmouth and big bluegills with light tackle. I shoot a lot of targets with the shotguns, trap, skeet, sporting clays. Between my 3 kids and myself I put together and burn up over 5k rounds of shot shells a year, mostly 12ga. At present I am wringing out a pair of Remington 700 rifles both in 300 WM. One is a BDL for my son, a moose hunt in 2020. The other is a Long Range for myself, just because. The only ammo I buy is waterfowl loads and rimfire. Everything else I make. I even cast my own bullets for the handguns. The buck in my avatar is an 11 pt I took with a 308, offhand at 80 yards, using a hand load.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts