Greetings from sunny Florida

Hello. Nice to connect with fellow cap busters. I'm so old I probably have cordite brain. Winchester hired me as a field rep and professional shooter in 1966. I spent my entire working career in the shooting sports industry. My favorite long range rifle is a 30-338 Longthroat built on a 1950 M70 action solidly bedded in a McMillan stock with a med heavy Shaw barrel made by Oly Olsen. I am obviously old school. Great to connect.
Greetings from sunny but frozen Saskatchewan! Spring has not yet sprung up here and I'm getting impatient! 🤣🥶. Of course, as @jessej reminds me, once it does come I got about a month before a hoard of mosquitos descend upon us! My uncle has a theory about northern mosquitos: all over the world mosquitos have the same "blood quota" per year…ours are around for half the year but really only have a 3 month window to get ALL THE BLOOD! 🤣. The forested regions of northern sask, Manitoba, up into the Northwest Territories and over into alaska during June and July are a mosquito explosion!!!! Maybe I'll stop gripin about the weather cuz they're still properly subdued in this. This was yesterday morning, March 27, here. THIS IS NOT SPRING!🤣🥶🥶🥶

I still get frost in my beard outside haha.

Anyways, good to have another LRH member, I learn something new on here every week, lots of good folks.

1680022459392.png

1680022380872.png

1680022343176.jpeg

I'm actually closer to Jensen Beach / Green River PKWY area . We haven't had the boat out in six months but I just cant wrap my head around selling it , yet .
I've been around Jensen Beach for many years before leaving you probably never heard of shakras deli ( the best subs in Jensen Beach)Is the snook nook still selling fish tackle and bait? Great snook fishing and goliath grouper fishing at the Roosevelt Bridge.

I've been around Jensen Beach for many years before leaving you probably never heard of shakras deli ( the best subs in Jensen Beach)Is the snook nook still selling fish tackle and bait? Great snook fishing and goliath grouper fishing at the Roosevelt Bridge.
No to the deli , but the Snook Nook is even better now , they have helped me a bunch with rod warranties and special orders . I mostly fish offshore , we have a 27 Ameracat , but my buddy guides inland and yes he still fishes the Roo .

I studied on the ameracat several times.

How do y'all like it?
I love it , it's the best of both worlds , or three worlds I could say . It rides like a dream . I love taking people who haven't rifdden in a cat out for the first time . Crossing a big boats wake is just a smooth up and over , no bump .
It's big enough to handle the big water of the ocean but has a shallow draft so I can cruise the IntraCoastal and fish the tight stuff , all while being able to trailer it anywhere . It has a 360 mile range at 28 mph .
Nothing to look at , it's just a no frills fishing MoSheen , LOL .
The factory is just 25 miles north of me .
80346910_10215532668405171_4624934081275101184_n.jpg