Greetings from sunny Florida

The quick answer is no. He could throw 7 clay targets up in the air and break all 7 with the M12. I could do 5. The new M1200 would only hold 5 and that's what I had to work with. My best alibi.
I had the privilege of watching him perform in the 50s in Bucks County PA. at the Bucks County Fish and Game Club.
And he also had to put the 7th shell he held in his hand into the model 12 pump while the last target was very close to the ground.
An amazing feat, unbelievable unless you actually saw it.
He drove in with a big red station wagon with a huge Winchester shot gun shell on the roof.
He was a master showman no doubt.
I later served with a guy who had been on the Army rifle team, and stationed at Fort Benning.
He had some colorfull stories about Parsons visit to Fort Benning while he was there.
Some of us are blessed to have lived in an era when these type things took place.

I had the privilege of watching him perform in the 50s in Bucks County PA. at the Bucks County Fish and Game Club.
And he also had to put the 7th shell he held in his hand into the model 12 pump while the last target was very close to the ground.
An amazing feat, unbelievable unless you actually saw it.
He drove in with a big red station wagon with a huge Winchester shot gun shell on the roof.
He was a master showman no doubt.
I later served with a guy who had been on the Army rifle team, and stationed at Fort Benning.
He had some colorfull stories about Parsons visit to Fort Benning while he was there.
Some of us are blessed to have lived in an era when these type things took place.
I still have two of his films. "Showman Shooter" is on 16mm and I tried to get it transferred to VHS or disk without success.

I go over there and fish the hump
Going back 30 years there were not many boats out there. My favorite place to fish was Bethel Shoals the reef section between Fort Pierce and Sebastian Inlet in 96 feet of water. Great bottom fishing there. IMG_2382.jpeg
IMG_2387.jpeg
IMG_2380.jpeg
IMG_2383.jpeg
IMG_2379.jpeg
IMG_2382.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    942.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited: