Green Mtn. barrels.

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by Waynzee, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Waynzee

Waynzee Well-Known Member

Has anyone put a Green Mnt.barrel on their Ruger 10/22? If so how does it preform.

2. just country

just country Well-Known Member

morning, yes I have a green Mnt. barrel on M70 Winchester
    octagon barrel 250 savage. very accurate have no problems.
    justme gbot tum

3. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Well-Known Member

My dad put one on his 10/22. It shoots [email protected] yds pretty easy with cheap Rem. bulk ammo. He has never tried any good stuff in it. I put one on mine also but have not had the chance to shoot it yet. His is also a skinny original contour barrel.

4. LoneTraveler

LoneTraveler Well-Known Member

The only experience I have had with 10/22 Ruger and Green Mountain barrels did not turn out great. About 2000- 2003 Midway ran a special, Green River 10/22 heavy barrel and a black laminated stock combination at a good price. Dick's Had a good sale on 10/22 Rugers. I reworked some of the action and built a 10/22 with Heavy barrel and laminated stock, It shot rather well, But would not shoot groups with my 1973 Aluminum butt plate 10/22 carbine. It became trade goods on my CZ 452 American Classic.
    It could have been I did not take the time and money to find a load that matched the load to the twist of the barrel for good accuracy.

5. LRhunter514

LRhunter514 Member

Good barrel for the money with a lot of options. Not a Lilja however.

6. Waynzee

Waynzee Well-Known Member

Well, I went on ahead and got a Green Mtn. barrel, 20 inch same contour as stock barrel, nothing fancy ya know. Took everything apart to the bare receiver and put the new GMT barrel in, went to the gun range and started to break the barrel in,,,I'm truly impressed. 30 rounds CCI Mini Mag 36 gr. bullets in a hole at 50 yards ya can cover with a dime. That's pretty damn good compared to the original factory barrel.