Barrel change?

Grizzhunt

I have a savage mark 2 fluted, it's not a shooter by any means. It was pretty expensive years ago when I bought it and I know I wouldn't be able to sell it for much. I haven't heard or seen anyone changing the barrels out. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. I've tried a few different types of ammo in it. Nothing is really that impressive. Lapua center x is alright but it always has 2 flyers out of 5 shots. I'm still trying things to get it to shoot better but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Are you getting any lead out of the barrel after a few shots? Was the last 2 shots the shots that went out of your group?
It may be possible to lap the barrel and smooth up the bore and get better accuracy. I have fire lapped a few barrels and got better accuracy. One rifle I worked on for a friend, Had a rough hammer forged barrel. I ended up making a lead lap and got it to shoot very accurate. Cheap cure if you can do it yourself.

Are you getting any lead out of the barrel after a few shots? Was the last 2 shots the shots that went out of your group?
It may be possible to lap the barrel and smooth up the bore and get better accuracy. I have fire lapped a few barrels and got better accuracy. One rifle I worked on for a friend, Had a rough hammer forged barrel. I ended up making a lead lap and got it to shoot very accurate. Cheap cure if you can do it yourself.

I found a bullet that it likes so it's working really well now. It's an SK long range match.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.