Acculite barrels formerly whistle pig

Matt Tatum

Hey guys, do any of y'all have experience with acculite barrels? They were whistle pig but have changed names. I have a cz 457 and was thinking of picking up a 17 hm2 barrel for it. Thanks for any help.

I have a current post transition Barrel, but did have one of Louis early ones. Have been kicking around ordering a cz 455 wmr barrel. There's certainly been more chatter as of late about some function issues that you didn't see pop up five or six years ago. But it's a 200$ aluminum sleeve barrel, and nobody else makes anything close for twice the price. He has a good reputation for ironing out issues if they do sprout up. Usually it's something to do with headspace, an issue it seems intrinsic to the 455/457 design more than any given barrel company.

I guess the short and long of it is I'll probably be ordering one within the month so my dollar is yeah give it a try.

I have one from right before they changed names. I looked at them again and I thought it was just a name change nothing else? I got one for my Ruger precision rimfire. I'm just shooting gophers and such with light target work. Not shooting expensive ammo either, but my barrel makes the gun a lot better balanced and as deadly or better then the original.
The only complaint I have is the occasional failure to extract, but that happened on my old barrel (a little less common) and I believe it's a poor designed extractor combined with a slightly tighter chamber. I've improved this some by slight adjustments to the extractor, but again I wouldn't think this is solely the barrel's issue.