Great experience with kelty cache hauler

82ndreddevil

I just got done with a once in a lifetime ibex hunt here in New Mexico. I picked up a kelty cache hauler just for this trip, and it worked great! It's real easy to stap your day pack to the frame for normal use, that way you don't have to make an extra trip just to grab the frame. One thing I saw prior to the hunt is that the lashing straps it comes with are thin and short. Other issue is that it has several little pins for adjusting the frame. Easy fix for both is carry extra lashing straps or ropes, and tape up those pins to keep them quite. So once I knocked my goat down we just cut him in half and made two trips to get him out. Tying the horns to the overhead bar made it real easy to keep the head stable, and the metal and canvas shelf kept the load from sagging as well. The hip straps are comfortable. The shoulder straps and load lifters are good to go. Only issue with the shoulder straps is it requires removing those annoying pins to adjust strap placement according to your size. So overall I really liked the frame a lot, very practical and functional. Just a few little issues to work with. Definitely worth $130.00. I am glad I avoided the more expensive frame models.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 160
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.